Prices have shot through the roof at local BP!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SkipEye, Jan 13, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Took a walk through Bass Pro today, they just had a major re-pricing two weeks ago I was told!

5 lbs of lead ingots (not that I would buy lead there) $21.88:crazy::crazy::crazy:

1 8oz Bank Sinker, better own a bank....... $5.00 and some change:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Anything with lead in it UP, UP, UP, through the proverbial roof!!!

ABU Garcia 7000ic3 was $129.99, NOW $149.99:crazy::crazy::crazy:

etc...etc...etc........

The cost of living (and playing) is getting out of control!

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Good Lord!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

That price on the lead has more then doubled!!!!!

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I guess that is why the tire dealers dont want to give up their lead anymore. But I bet lead aint that high at the scrap dealers. Can only be one thing. Greed.

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    my buddy told me his grandfather used to work at a lead shop he said that he was going to get me some lead nuggets hopefuly before the leadfest?:cool2:

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The price of lead has been going up every quarter for the past year.. China is buying all the lead they can find.. Scrap lead prices are at record high's.. So maybe I shouldn't be giving it away anymore.... hehehehe

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Lead at the recycler in fort smith Arkansas is .85 per lb.:sad2:

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I think I will call the scrap dealer tomorrow. I bet lead aint now where close to 4.00 a pound

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This doesn't refer to prices but is lead wheel weights any count? I been wantin to learn to make my own weights and a few bass jigs.

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Scrap lead isn't.. New clean lead is costing us 1.45 a lb at work and we get it at a special price.. And thats before anything is made with it..

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The market trading price is about $1.18 a pound, but the scrap dealers will probably sell it for a little less. Different things come into play, like purity, shipping costs, and what is going on in the local market. There hasn't been a big spike in the international prices in the last few months, but the long term trend is up, up, and up. I think it peaked around $1.30 in Oct or November.

http://www.metalprices.com/FreeSite/metals/pb/pb.asp

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    We have a lead smeltering plant owned by Doe Run up the road here in Herculaneum. Rumor has it, and I have heard it from more than 1 person than several people got a 16K-20K Christmas bonus due to the rise in the price of lead.:eek:oooh:

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    We're gonna need to get some necklace and other jewelry molds for leadfest. We need to make the wives somthing perty while it's still reasonable. It won't be long, and we'll be making our sinkers out of gold, and putting the lead on our wives (and or girlfriends).

13. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I called Ace scrap yard about 2 months ago and it was $2.00 per lb. A year ago I got some from them for .50 cents a lb.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice, lets see I have about 500 pounds of lead that Harold and Rat have 'donated' to the Cuz fishing fund. :smile2::smile2::smile2: Sounds like I have a couple new Tekotas at least. LMAO.

Just kiddn. I have about 100 pounds of ingots made up for Leadstock. I'll do my best to have the rest cooked down before the meeting. :wink:

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    In that case, what I have in my sinker box will buy me at least one new Tekota.:big_smile:
    All I have to do now, is show up at leadstock, and play dumb and get some more lead.:wink:

16. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO

Doe Run has a couple mines around my hometown and a friend of mine that has been working there for around 2 years got a 7k bonus.

17. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    I was at the BP down in Memphis over the holidays. I noticed that a 3 pack of Daiichi Circle chunk lite's (7/0) were $4.50!! We thought they were expensive before!!

Good thing there are OTHER places to purchase tackle.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You betcha Shane. I'm not all that Loyal to BP anyhow. The good ol internet is usually the best bet for finding a good value on equipment anyhow. If some of the guys could start joining up and "tag team" buy their supplies it will save alot of coin on shipping also.

19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    They key is in the name - those ba$# pro's can afford (or are at least willing to pay) those prices:smile2:

20. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The wonderful thing about this country is they can charge anything they want to. And we can choose whether or not we want to pay it.:roll_eyes: