PriceLess?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Cuz, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    80 dollars for New Surge Elite Rod to replace broken Mudville Cat Rod :wink:

Just kidding, but a bummer to have a rod break on a good fish. Its usually the terminal tackle that gives way before a rod would. You must have had some pretty good pressure on that fish to get a rod to snap. Theres always next time. :roll_eyes:

2. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri

Atleast get a Pair of em while you are stocking up on rods and you wont regret it..

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Man that stinks! Can't say that ever happened to me....

Where did you lose that fish, I'll head over there and bring him in for ya!

4. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like the one Cuz lost that snapped an 80 pound leader when he thought he was hung up out practicing our dragging and drifting.

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sorry to hear about you losing that good one John. Sounds like you have figured out where they are. Now when I got over there next year you can show me....Rusty

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Tough break, man (no pun intended). Just keep repeating "giant gar, must've been a giant gar" till some of the aggravation goes away:wink: Do us a favor, though, and post the printable parts of the letter you send to whoever makes the Mudville cat rods......:big_smile:

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey John things get better. Good to meet you at Rusty and Claudia's camp site a while back. Later Andy

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ill go ahead and tell some of the story.. It was the first ride in the Cuz boat. We decided to try drifting and dragging an anchor using some new 14 ounce weights that I made up. Cuz was up in the front of the boat when his pole doubled over and said I think Ive got the anchor rope. I told him there Is no way.. your line is going this way and the anchor rope is way out that way. His reel was screaming so he thought he had a snag then. It let off as we were still drifting. Normally a snag will stay constant.. I saw that and said it’s a fish you’ve got now hang in there. This thing took off while he was hanging in there as it snapped and the line went limp. He said it took off with so much power that he has never seen anything like it..

Here he thought I would remember the most of running out of gas on that trip.. But this one is just one of those priceless moments that I will never forget!

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is too bad, wish you all would have got it.

10. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PriceLess

Would be defined as going fishing with the Kutter-Cane

and it didnt rain!