price too high for gas?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Aug 26, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I thought gas prices were high where I live till I saw these prices.Whew!
    Don't think I can afford this;

:eek:

Attached Files:

• gas.jpg
      gas.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
  2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Boy ain't that the truth! These gas prices are killing me. $2.63 here in Phoenix last night before I came to work. I know its higher than that in some places in the country but anyway, its ridiculous.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    $2.49 here in Tulsa when I went to bed last night.
    Got up this morning and came to work, $2.56

It's getting darker in this here tunnel, and I'm not seeing a light anywhere yet. Sure hope the light comes along soon, or I'll be hoofin it the 30 miles to work.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It's $2.69 here and rising. They can do something about it, but the gas companies like the record profits.

5. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    LOL!! Thats funny well maybe if it wasent true.O well hopefully it will drop some in the future.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will not be surprised if they try to convince us that gas is really cheap and explain to us that it should be even higher.

7. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    How about a life? At least two service station attendants have been killed over the price of gas and many disgruntled customers have decided to drive off without paying. Two young girls here in town almost hit the gas pumps with a female attendant clinging to the door handle, she turned loose just in time. The abandoned car was found in a church parking lot. Some analysts predict the price of oil to triple within the next five years.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    How can the price of gas change on a daily basis when the fuel in the tank at the station was purchased at a certain price? Are the station owners lookin to make some quick money off of the entire gasoline drama? Just a burnin question. LOL!

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i ask the same question george and have never been given a answer worth swallowing.
    its a crock of bull in my opinion . :confused:

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keith,
    Wow, not that high here... yet! Been holding at 2.52 for a few days.

Abilene,
    Shame when stupid people take out there frustrations on an attendant... those people are just working for a living.
    Arkansas and several other states will suspend the driver's license of someone convicted of gas theft. Most places here have gone prepay or use credit card at pump. That's good, it will reduce gas thief.

When I first went to the oil patch it was booming, West Texas Intermediate Crude was $3 a bbl. Today at over $67 a bbl... you would think the oil patch would be booming but guess it takes a while to gear up or is there any place to drill?

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to convert my wifes car to propane. Its only $1.50 a gallon. You lose a little bit of gas milage but its not that bad. I have diesel so its not an option for me. They have made a ne discovery over in France that a diesel can run on left over oil from deep friers. The convert it to fuel. Maybe it will be cheaper. I don't know but these prices are killing me too. Cost me $95 a tank and use 3 tanks a week. If things don't change soon, I'm going to put a sail on my roof. LOL

Matt

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guess I will take a cold shower. LMHO

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    George that very same question has been eatin me up, one stations price is 2.69 go half a mile and its 2.54 It just makes no sense to me. One gas station my wife used to work for will call 10 miles down the road to see what their prices are and thats what he sets his at. That aint right either. I dont know what its doing in the cities, but up here in the hills its just plumb crazy :cursing: I feel "Violated" everytime i get gas, put $5 bucks in and only get 1.9 gallons, BULL MALARKY! I cant go fishin as much as I like because gas is so high, That aint right!!!! :p Mac :cool:

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I put $20.00 in earlier tonight and only got half a tank in my truck. This is crazy. $2.69 a gallon!

15. fishfanatic

fishfanatic New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I saw on the news tonight that some oil rigs are being evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina, which is expected to hit somewhere along the gulf coast.
    I'm afraid that is going to push the price even higher.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    hey it has dropped all the way down to 2.44 a gallon tonight down here in ga

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    $20 for a half a tank? i am envious, desperado...gas here i 2.49...my pickup has a 34 gallon tank :crying:

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yep they need another excuse for high prices other than greed.
    looks to me like they are putting america in a state of inflation.
    our paychecks aren't going to be spread out as much on other things as the gas pruices are consumeing a larger portion of it.
    at least its effecting my household that way. :crying:

19. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Everyone is crying about the price of gas. How many of you will pay $4 to $6 dollars for a 6 pack of beer or $7 to $15 dollars for a bottle of Booze,talk about pissing money away. GIVE THAT SOME THOUGHT!!! and we been doing this for years. Ya I know your going to say you need the booze to help cope with the high price of gas.

20. willisjj

willisjj Guest

What does the price of beer have to do with gas? That is a luxury, gas is a necessity. Right now I can't afford beer or gas, lol.