Price of Ammo

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by randallewis, Jan 25, 2009.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    I stopped by a local gun shop here in north La. last week to pick up some extra ammo before the price increase hits. Last years price on a box of 20 Federal Premium 270 cal. 150 gr nosler partition bullet was $31.00. (He had two in stock). This years price for the same is $48.99 per box. (He had 6 in stock.) Thats a 50% increase folks. Shop owner thinks its going higher.

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Its been goin higher in Kentucky almost every new shipment they have received. Alot of people have been bulkin up.

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Yep, everybody is stocking up. All the wars going on probably have not helped prices either. Lots of lead and brass being used overseas. Its supply and demand (even if it is highway robery).

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah thanks to everyone who voted for osama i mean obama.its going to get worse before it gets better.And i better stop there before i go on a rant.:crazy:

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    The Ammunition Accountability Act will add another .05 per round minimum. Probably need a background check and license to buy it too. So much for increasing jobs, handloading will go away, putting suppliers out of jobs.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the increase we all felt started in november. the real increase is still coming.

7. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Prices have been high for a while now. You would think with metal prices so low ammo would be cheaper. I still think handloading is the way of the future. The wars have kept prices high though as far as availability goes. And yes, Osama isn't gonna help any.

:cool2:

8. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    The price of .38spl was 14.50 to 19.00 a box in mid november.
    Reloads were 8.50 with trade in brass, some were 16.00 w/o.
    Last I found were 36.00 a box.
    Still able to reload for about a nickle per shot.

Yep! thanks everyone for your vote.

9. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I got to agree with Jordan on this one. Its just gonna keep getting higher the next four years.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a friend who's family owns a guns/ammo/reloading retail store. He's poopin' in tall cotton right now. Making money hand over fist.

Yeah, ammo for my gun went from $26 to $50. :sad2: I will be reloading very soon.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well, I hope you didn't buy it at that price.....:wink:

12. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thank You Obama voters! :angry:

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With all due respect Paul, Obama has absolutely nothing to do with the price of ammo...your hysteria does. I mean no disrespect to any of you, but your fear alone is driving the market. :confused2: If he IS responsible...other than scaring the crap out of you, please explain.

14. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I agree, it is fear that is driving the market, and with good reason. All you have to do is look at Obama's anti-gun voting records.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17</B>
    FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18
    FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1
    FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15
    FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3
    FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9
    FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2
    FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4
    FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people
    who use firearms in self-defense.5
    FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6
    FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.
    FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7
    FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8
    FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9
    FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10
    FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11
    FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12
    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13
    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2
    FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14
    FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16
    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9
    FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9
    FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Along with folks paranoia,The price on Lead,copper and brass has dramatacally had an effect in the price of ammo,Along with the 9/11 BS that prompted a Hazardous Materials charge on all powder,primers,and ammo.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I started reloading about 40 years ago because I thought 38 SPL, 357 and shotgun shells were to high. :wink:

17. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Id say more Hysteria, than paranoia,,,,It's real folks,

and, It's never OK to concede the basics,,, which has been done..

And, 40 years ago, there was probably a price increase due to the Gun Control Act of 1968.