Price of Aluminum

Discussion in 'Boating' started by kickin_wing, Feb 20, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does the price of the hull of my boat go up as the price of aluminum goes up?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Seems like it. Doesn't it?:tounge_out:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Aluminum is a raw material. It will go up and down with the markets.
    How often boat makers adjust their prices could be different for each make.
    They may adjust prices wit the market real time or may adjust prices per their order of raw material. Or they may do a twice yearly or annual price adjustment.

Worst case they cut corners to remain competitive.

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    If you mean is your boat worth more when aluminum is up... not really. the bottom price you might take for boat may go up and down but you want more than it's metal value.
    I seen an add on e-bay, A couple were selling their fishing boat, a 65 foot trawller. everything on it was working some in good shape, some used shape but a working fishing boat. they were asking for the scrape iron value of the boat. they said if anyone would give them what the recycler would they would sell it to them. not bad deal. still not real cheap, boat was many tons can't remember exactly.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    If you live near a aircraft manufacturing plant, they will usually have scrap sales that are often open to the public. This is where we get all of our honeycomb aluminum for flooring as well as a lot of different length extrusion and flat stock for a fraction of the cost. Here in Savannah, the local aircraft company has a surplus sale about every six months.

6. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was just curious if the value would go up or not. I know its worth more than just the price of the aluminum its self. Im not gonna scrap it out or anything.:big_smile: