Price of a Lowe boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by howards, Mar 13, 2009.

1. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    1995 Lowe 16x52 Jon boat with a 1995 50 horse Johnson motor for $3400.....Does that sound about right?

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If its on a trailer, and all is in good shape, I would say thats a fair price. I bought a new Lowe 1652 in 07, $2500. for the boat, $1000. for a new trailer, and $1500. for a like new, low hour 94 Johnson 40 hp. So thats $5000.00 in a plain jane rig to give you a little perspective.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    That sounds high, to me.

That rig is 14 years old...a lot would depend on how it's been used and stored.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You are right Dave, condition is the factor, and what options and equiptment it has with it. I watch the boat market pretty regularly around Indiana and this is a fair price in our market. It may be a tad high, but not out of line. Since he is from Illinois, I based my opinion on the fact that he is pretty close to what I watch, and that everybody builds in a lil dickering room on their prices. I know other regions bear substantially different pricing, I have seen as much as $1000. difference in the same boat, one from Indiana and the other from Missouri. I think its a supply/demand/availability thing.
    If it were me and its what I wanted, boat and motor good condition on a good trailer, I would go after it, starting at $2800, hoping to get it for $3000, or $3200.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Howards look on Craiglist Carbondale for listing on Sunday.8th. There is a listing of a Tracker TX17 with a 40 hp motor on it. I went and looked at it and is a nice rig. Asking 3500. Lots of extras. Its listed in Mt. Vernon but actually in Texico. Easy to find. Pm me if you have more questions.

6. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    I saw that boat Mickey,but I never have like the Tracker line of boats and I think the Lowe boat is a much better boat for the money. I have the money so we will see if he will deal or not.

7. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a Tracker pro team 16 that I bought new in 2001. It is has a 25 hp mercury with everything I need. I have caught a lot of fish on this boat and have not had any problems with it. I paid around $7,000 brand new at the end of the seaon. My father had a lowe boat that he bought new when we were kids for around the same price with a lot less features. I didnt like that particular boat, cheap! cheap! cheap! Im sure lowe makes a better equipped boat and would be interested in looking at some to see what they have. $3,500 for tracker 17 with a 40 seems a little high depending on the age. I am very interested in a bigger boat for the ohio as I get more into catfishing the ohio river.

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have a 1986 fisher 40 horse nissan had trolling motor trailor all aluminum even decks for 1,800 is what i paid for mine

9. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Well there 2 orther guys wanting to buy the boat if I don't.:crazy: