Preveiw the future through hollywood movies?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Nov 18, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ever see a movie that has some futuristic gadget or idea and you think wow! that would be weird , scarey , or cool if they could really do that?

sure seems like they actually do come up with things a few years after you see these movies.
    take MINORITY REPORT , there were hoards of little robotic creatures like
    spiders that would infiltrate a house or apartment building and they had cameras in them and sound detection infrared etc.
    well that may be actually true to life and according to what i read may have allready been out for some time now.
    on paul harvey this afternoon i heard they had little wasp sized robots that had cameras and kill capability !!!! they could actually track a human for more than a day and kill .
    they are comeing up with eel type robotic creatures for ocean exploration
    and they are makeing other type robotic creatures as well.
    theyhave made prosthetics that can replacehuman limbs such as a mechanical foot that can detect dozens of terrain differances as well as
    temperature .
    sometimes i think we are too smart for our own good and then other times i think its great to have technology if its put to good use .
    any thoughts ??

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I was having this same conversation with my husband the other night. Though he was less enthused :roll_eyes:. We have come a long way with technology but we also have a long way to go.

I came up with an interesting concept myself, I've entertained myself with the thought of it coming true..lol Be neat to come up with the next 'dell' invention.

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah the $ off an invention like that would be pretty sweet.
    i kind of forgot to add or ask if anyone else notices this trend in movies
    having seemingly out there ideas that actually are true to life only maybe in the infancy stages of development to become a reality in the near future after seeing the movie?

i hope some of the movies are pure fiction. :roll_eyes: