pretty interesting time night fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mactheaxe, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    ok, firstly, didnt get a single bite, bump, hit, bob, twitch, flick, etc. what was interesting was that not a cloud in sight so i saw all the stars and counted 8 shooting stars. then, about 3 in the morning, i had a little glow stick on my rod tip, i saw a bat attack it about 3 times. must have thought it was a bug sittin on a limb. then, i got my slip rig on my big pole, so i cast it out there, let it soak for an hour or two, reel it in and get snagged. i thought no bigge so i walked the bank opposite of the snag and after a bunch of pullin and twitchin i unsnag it. happy ive got my hook and such i reel in. it was like somebody took 5 ft of my line and made the smallest, tightest knot ball they could. now ive tangled while casting before and it be a small knot you can undo in a couple of seconds. i sat there looking at this friggin large marble sized knot goin "how in the %$&^ did this happen?" still aint figured it out. i casted straight out, and reeled straight in. i understand i could have snagged the line itsself on whatever it was, and there be a tight little knot or something, but this took the cake. anyway. fun night.

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I once casted out and caught a decent fish on some light line. It must have stretched it out, cause the next cast went out good, but when I tried to reel in I had about 50 ft all tangled together. Just a big ball of mono a mess. I didn't even know it was happening, it happened under water, I didn't know it till I reeled in.

3. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i can see that happening, but i was using braided fireline, it doesnt stretch like mono. that's the weird part.

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The stars have seemed to be extra bright lately, and I saw three shooting stars Saturday. Its a great background for fishing. I have bats swoop at my glowsticks too. Sometimes when I have my visor light on, they will swoop by too.

5. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i had one buzz my head too last night, forgot about that.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i think we all have days like that every once in awhile:wink:

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Bait came off your hook,the current then twisted your line into the knot.:wink:

8. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Sounds like an interesting nite had a few of em my self.

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

It happens to me as well, if the line gets twisted a lot over a few trips it will make the smallest knot that will take a while before you notice it.. heck it could've been there 2-3 days.:eek:oooh:

10. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Sounds like a good night Jasn, sometimes it is good to just enjoy the suroundings, stars and night, it's just good to get out and get away for a while. Thanks for the report! and welcome to the BOC!

11. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    thats the thing, there was no current. its a closed lake with a non used dam. it couldve twisted, but i had a heavy weight on it.