Pretty decent day here in VA

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Nov 6, 2006.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Went to a large private lake on saturday that i have permission to fish. Started out with the throw net catching bait caught a few gills and about 2 dozen small black crappie. My friend steve and I got 4 poles a piece set up and started to wait. Steves rod when down first bringing in a 15lb blue cat. 30 minutes later his rod when down again and pulled in a 11lb blue. Every thirty minutes to an hour his rod would go down and he ended up with a 15, 11, 8, and two 6lbers. Every fish bit the head portion of the cut bait. My rod never even got a hit. Funny how sometimes when you are sitting right next to someone using the same bait and they catch fish like crazy and you dont even get a bite. Nevertheless we had a very good time and since he don't like to eat fish, I got my belly full at least.

Wheelmobile07

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yeah ive had that happen a time or two,fishing next to someone and not get a bite.congrats to your friend on the catch.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    You'll get 'em next time! Good to hear the fish are still biting locally!

I headed down to Kerr Dam and fished the tailrace and caught some decent channels over the weekend.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks guys, I didn't catch a fish but we still had a good time and for now anyway my friend has the bragging rights. Im going to try to head down to buggs in the next weekend or so and try to get some dinner channels.

Wheelmobile07

5. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    I can relate to what you said about using the same bait and the person sitting next to you gets bit and you don't. This has happened to me and my buddy many times but it seems to change from week to week though. We will use the same bait, the same line and the same hooks but one of us will seem to have the hot hand for the night. One night we even switched places on the boat and that didn't seem to have any affect on things.
    It's all fun though. I get just as much enjoyment out of netting a fish for a friend as I do catching them. Well maybe I'm stretching it a little there.LOL
    Congratulations on the catch!