PRETTY CHILLY

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Wind at 11:35(2335) 24th, was 39.8, temp: 13, windchill: -38+. Probably cooler now, wind is just a howling:eek:oooh:.

Oh well, get to bust up some drifts again tomorrow when I take him for his run later this AM. He wouldn't even get out of the truck yesterday AM at School Creek, stuck his head out the door, looked around, went back on the passenger side and sat down:smile2::smile2:. Wind wasn't quite so bad at Curtis though, so he condescended to git outa the truck to "take care of business":smile2::smile2::smile2:.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Take care out there Jim weather condition's are bad.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Didn't get to bust any drifts, uh, yesterday, nope, day before yesterday, wind was blowing to hard for the snow to drift on the roads. Here's a couple of pics on the way to School Creek Christmas morning+:smile2:
    Wind had that buoy laid over:smile2:
    Got a couple more on Ava road heading to the park entrance on the next post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's a couple on the road, really was blowing.
    Seen a couple of spots that would've been some nice drifts to bust, but the damn snowplow beat me there by about 10 minutes, I'll post some pics to giv e you an idea tonight, still have to size'em. They'd have been fun, might even have had to call Jerald to pull me out:eek:oooh::smile2:

Attached Files:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Jim, Did you catch any fish while you were there?

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Not yesterday Gary, but probably today:smile2::smile2:

Here's a pic of what would have been a nice drift to bust, that got stole from me:sad2:, damn snow plows anyway.:roll_eyes::smile2:

The left side would've been a little deep, maybe 4+ feet, but the right side would've been perfect, bout 2.5 or 3 feet, oh well, maybe next snow flurry (that's what this would've been called in Buffalo, NY:smile2:)

Here's a pic I took yesterday AM down at the Dedication Pt boat ramp, just thought the iced rocks looked pretty neat:big_smile:

Can't believe how much the lake has opened up from the wind, the lake in front of the dam was iced in a week or so ago.

Attached Files:

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i caught a chill just lookin at those. Lord ,im glad i live in a gulf state.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I'm glad I live in a state of "confusion", nothing bothers me:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Jim, maybe you could volunteer to be the snow plower? Although they may frown upon peein your name in the snow!:tounge_out::smile2:

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    NO autographs if I do their work without pay:wink::smile2:

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Just can hardly believe the changes on the lake this morning. School Creek, and the lake outside of if were open yesterday, this morning, the cove and a lot of the lake was froze over(picture). When I got back to Curtis Creek, there was enough water open to fish yesterday, it was froze over almost completely:confused2:. Well, the good side is, the open water is closer now:smile2:.
    The dark streak in the pic is open water on the lake, the rest is ice.:eek:oooh:

C'MON 20 FEBRUARY 2010:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    About 30 years ago I was bustin drifts with my truck, Snow up to the windows, The next one I could see the plow comin but he was pretty slow so I decided to hit it a little faster so I didn't get stuck, I hit it about 30 or so and went flyin over the top, all I could see was blue sky. Busted a shock mount when I hit the pavement.

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for the report out there Jim.

About all it takes is for the winds to be calm overnight and the lake's will freeze overnight.Guess it's time to get the augers out:crazy::big_smile: