President's Day Weenie Trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Feb 16, 2009.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Took Jr trout fishing Monday at the ditch in Topeka.Got my limit of pipe-cleaners Sunday and Monday on power bait. With my usual lack of photography skill I managed to cut out the stringer of fish he was holding.Took us longer to drive up there than it did to catch them.We went out to lunch and went to the combat air museum in the afternoon.We'll be catching much bigger ones at Shawnee Mission in a couple of weeks. Anybody like to eat trout? I'll bring 'em to the sinker party.Jr caught all of these I didn't help him.

Attached Files:

2. exile13

exile13 New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey congrats looks like job well done. where is the ditch? its not over by the forest dump is it?

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Eric that is a nice mess of fish, tell him congrats on the days catch. I drive by the ditch all the time and see people fishing it but have never stopped and tired it myself.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    What an idyllic setting for trout fishing.I-70 100 yards away... Diesel engines and jake brakes .....trash everywhere....water straight off the Kaw with a six inch visibility:cool2::confused2::crazy:...Makes me think of that 70's commercial with the indian looking at all the trash in the water and crying.Why do people litter like that. It pisses me off.

Attached Files:

5. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Auburndale park....I70 and Macvicar look for a drainage ditch full of trash. Go in the afternoon it freezes overnight real easily.

6. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Heard I just missed you last monday after you had lunch in KC.

7. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I'm gonna be in Lawrence Saturday anyway for the KU BBall game I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys face to face for the first time.Game doesn't start till 3:00. Jr and I might just have to sneak over to the ditch or Lake Henry and catch another limit of pipecleaners beforehand.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Look forward to meeting you too Eric.Good luck on that Kansas trout stream.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Caught 9 trout today, kept my limit (4). Too cold to mess with the camera. Might take some pics later before I clean them. Way too tired to mess with them now. Got them on ice. Delbert , how did you do?