Preserved baby shad

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by kingdawes, Aug 6, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My dad bought from wally world a bag of baby redbelly shad. The package say no need to refridgerate just leave bag open for a few days and they will get better.
    I was wondering had anybody ever used this bait? If so how did it go? Also I am thinking of throwing one out into the ohio river does this sound about the best place to use this typ of bait?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy that stuff wont work, it has all the oils and stuff taken out of it that attract catfish.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

ditto for what has all ready been said.much better to go net your own

4. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    doesnt work at all. they take all of the insides out of them. wouldnt waste your money on them anymore.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive tried them and nothing, zilch and nada. Take em back if you can.

6. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    they work about as well as trying to suck a medicine ball thru a silly straw

7. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That's pretty good, apparently those baby shad don't work. I geuss I'll have to let the old man know.
    guess you just can't snap your finger and make live shad appear.

8. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bought it and wasted my money also.
    :embarassed:

9. Trophy-Minnow

Trophy-Minnow New Member

State:
    ohio
    but wally-world can supply you with all the shad that you need. Buy the cheap cast net that they sell. I recently bought one and practiced with it in the backyard per the instructions that came with it. But the best instructions i've found have been on youtube. When i go fishing i just stop by the boat ramps and get out the bucket and cast net and in about ten minuts have 20 or so shad. I think the hardest part is probably finding the fish you want to use for bait.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't have a problem most of the year around gettin bait . Watch others in your area and take notes because you can learn alot

11. bigsmitty13

bigsmitty13 New Member

State:
    Texas
    we usually catch a ton of shad at sun up off of the boat ramp. when we fish at night you can usually get under a light and net a few.