Preseason

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What has everyone thought of these preseason games? Detroit really impressed me, Kevin Jones looked solid but on a couple passing attempt we can see that Martz failed at trying to turn him into the next marshall Faulk.

Jay Cutler looked like a phenom.

Maroney really impressed me however the Colts and Bears both didn't look as good as I thought. The Colts will still be good contenders this year, but their running game has gone to hell and if there are many injuries on their Oline, good luck, the second string looked pretty bad.

Young's stats don't speak for his performance, he looked really great but several amazing passes were dropped due to the Titans having crappy receivers. He also had a sweet scramble escaping several possible sacks ending it with a throw but it was called back because of a holding penalty.

Bush looked great. 59 yards on 6 carries...if he continues to play like that he could turn the organization around. He showed he can plow through the middle like an every down back, but WOW at his cut when the hole got clogged and he pulled some ole USC shananagins by cutting to the right and outrunning almost the entire defense beating them around the corner. People say he couldn't do anything like that in the NFL, but then again, it was only the Titans. And LOL at his trying to truck over Pacman Jones.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Bein a RAMS fan for a long time. I am happy that Martz is gone. Never did care for him as a head coach. He should do a fine job as an offensive coordinator up there. The biggest problem with the Rams has been defense. Thier first preseason game showed major improvement in that area. Then a gain its only preseason. LOL!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Preseason is a very hard way to judge a team, until that next to last preseason game where the starters play more then 1 season. I hope Culpepper is ready to start the year, but Harrington will be good either way.

Definatly looking foward to this year. Culpepper/Harrington is 100% better then Fiedler/Griese. LMAO

4. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    It's kinda hard to accurately judge anything from the first few preseason games, the starters are really only playing for a series or two and really dont get into sync very well but football season has started and I am headed out to the first preseason game of the next superbowl champion Cincinnati Bengals and will give a full report WHO DEY:big_smile:

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Breck,
    All of the "Prize Rookies" looked good but "Bush", "Maroney" & "Cutley" stood out above the rest.

Most teams have depth problems right now,

But I will have a better grip on things in the last week of the preseason.

Take it easy fellows,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Definitely. It's too bad the Colts are paying Manning so much they can't afford any decent back-ups on their Oline.

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    it's preseason dont really care to much and as far as the colts go the first string offense ran 5 or 6 plays and scored a touchdown.half of are starting defense didnt even dress.last year preseason we were 0 and 4 and i think we started the season off pretty good

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Being a Vikes fan I would say this Matt - If Culpepper can keep hold of the ball, should have a decent season.

9. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I am so glad the Saints won one.

10. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know it's just the preseason, but as I said, it's too bad they are paying Manning so much that they cannot afford any decent backps on that Oline. The second and third team was falling apart when facing the second and third string defense. And besides, it's not like Manning will ever win a Superbowl.

11. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    the best quarterback in the game should be getting paid that kind of money and who cares about backups .we will see at the end of the season . i didnt get who you root for?

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just keep your eyes on Dallas.....Carolina.....Saints in the regular season

13. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Broncos. And I would rather have Tom Brady or Carson palmer on my team anyday. Possibly even Phillip Rivers if he is as good now as he showed in college.

14. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    obviously i cant say anything about tom brady he gets the job done. palmer hasnt accomplished anything yet, and rivers are you kidding me.i do believe we spanked your broncos a couple of years ago in the playoffs!!!

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Palmer was the top QB in my eyes last year... Manning is Over paid and as for Phillip Rivers... ( hangs his head ) I dont think he can bring the talent that Brees did.. Dont get me wrong im a die hard Colts fan and have been since they came to Indy... But the Broncos have always been built for the run but it takes defence to win games and they have to establish something in the air... The colts are gonna be slacking in the running game due to the loss of edge but with our air attack we will remain a top contender... i just feel with all of the offseason changes the sleeper teams are going to rise to the occasion.... i cant wait to see how it all goes down this season.....

16. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    ok ok manning probaly is overpaid but aint they all. he'll restructure down the road ,but you cant bash manning he has done his job .are downfall is the defense which we are getting turned around.hopfully we dont have to score as much if are defense keeps improving.not looking to piss anybody off.just tired of manning bashers.

17. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, but when is the last time you made it to the superbowl? it's a proven fact, Manning will choke in a big playoff game.

And about Rivers, Drew Brees saw his talent and was quoted saying that his days were numbered and that in a couple years he'd be obsolete in SD. But Hey, who knows. Dayne is the NCAA's all time leading rusher, but hasn't done squat in the NFL. Rivers is the NCAA's second all time leading passer, so who knows.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    How about Big Ben returning to the Steelers for the 1st preseason game! He was close to dead 2 months ago after the motorcycle accident. We lost the game but for Arizona it was as close as they will get to a Super Bowl win!

Here We Go Steelers!!!!

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I am not much of a pre season fan. When the season starts that when I see the "real" team play.
    Go Bears!
    Bill

20. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    I just hope none of my teams players get hurt in pre season.