Prescott, Arizona?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by live22skate, Jul 16, 2006.

1. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Has anyone been catfishin up in the prescott area? ive lived here for a few months and found out that there is some monster blue, and flatheads up here in the local lakes.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Richie,
    I cant say much for what you have available up there. I am down in Yuma but, there are a a lot folks on here from the Mesa area, etc. There is usually at least one new post on here weekly about someone having good luck at Bartlett. Just stay tuned, I am sure we'll get some news soon enough.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    By the way, welcome to the BOC!

4. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    what lakes, goldwater , lynx , those are the only established lakes I'm aware of.

5. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    no, lynx has blues and channels, and goldwater just has channel. theres two lakes called watson and willow that have been around for like 70 years and they both have flatheads in them.

6. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks dameon, ive caught a few flatheads up at bartlett, only about 12 pounds though.

7. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im pretty sure Watson and Willow dont have Flatheads (Ive never landed or heard of anyone landing one), deffinetally no blues in the area.

Is that a giant bullhead in your avatar? You might catch one of those out of Watson or Lynx. Basically all the Prescott Area lakes have Channels and Bullheads. Occasionally a 15-20lb channel will come from the area. My favorite catfishing there is for bullheads on light tackle.