Preparation H

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Pirate Jerry, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Wife took her yak out in the pond behind the house to try out a new rod. Caught a 6 lb channel cat and right after that landed a 4 1/2 lb LMB that had a 1/16 ounce chartruse jig head hanging out of it's anus. She hollered for me to come help. With the skill of a surgeon I gripped the jig and with a deft rotational twist extracted the offending hook. Upon removal , 9 inches of about 12 lb test line followed. I placed a dab of Preparation H (don't leave home with out it ) on the damaged part and started to release the Bass.At that time it looked up at me and SMILED..
    It's good to be a friend to the wild life. LOL (true story)

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I know you had the LMB's best interests at heart, but by smearing Preparation H on it, you probably attracted every cat in the pond, and the poor baitbass was promptly eaten. (Preparation H attracts catfish.)

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Now I know why those old guys allways catch more fish.....:smile2:

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I wish I could comment on this thread....Im just too busy laughin, havin probs typing. Ill hafta come back and finish here when I can keep a straight face. Good Heavens I love the BOC. Where else can ya find helpful info like this.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm gonna let y'all in on a secret---an old timer's secret. All us old timer catfishermen know that the real secret to catching catfish is to use dried peas, cuz they float. Yup, that's it. No rod & reel needed; just throw the dried peas out on top of the water, and when a cat comes up to take a pea, slip the net under him.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Went a got the Preperation H
    Now I gotta run back to town for Peas....:confused2:

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    and you guys thought us old guys sitting in chairs in the water was because we can't take the heat anymore. darn people giving our secrets away again. :angry:
    gary

8. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But if that LMB was a FEMALE, and you put PrepH on the offended part you MIGHT have turned on every MALE LMB in the waters!!:roll_eyes::crazy::confused2::confused2::wink::big_smile::smile2:
    That's ALL!
    ROFLMAO!!!!
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post, but not the ROFLMAO!!!:smile2:]]]]]

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Thats why DAD always got the big fish.LOL

10. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

Jerry is not kidding about prep H being a fish attractor at all... I m dead serious One of preperation H main ingredients is shark oil that is no bs i was told by a walleye charter captain that prep H is great for fish attractor. I have never tried but i bet ya the bank it works...

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    OK I got the Peas.
    See you guys in the morning. Im ready to catch some fish......:0a24::0a23:

12. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Do you think #50 will do?

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Mike, you don't want to put out too many peas at once. If they get scattered over a wide area, every time a fish comes up, you'll be 20' away, watching the wrong peas.

In addition to Prep H, there's (or used to be) an ointment called Sperti that has a lot of shark liver oil in it; very pungent. Back when I was growing up, it was the best stuff you could find to put on a bad sunburn; even better than vinegar.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey its a win win situation here.Take along the prep H use it for bait and if yer hemeroids start to bother you while your out you can take care of that to.You cant lose!Somebody put that man in the white house would ya!lol

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Why do I get the image of everyone on this thread sitting on a 5 gallon bucket..??..:eek:oooh:

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

All BS aside we actually did see an older guy at the splash this year net a nice channel cat from his sons dock. Just through out some floating fish food in a little 4 ft. X 4 ft. floating square made out of pvc pipe. He won second place in the first hour of the tournament with it and didn't even use a pole lol. Don't figure it was legal but he won $400. We talked to him the day before and he had been feeding in that same spot every day for 3 months.

As far as the preperation H, i guess i shouldn't have had that hemroid surgery. I used to keep it pretty handy:smile2:.

17. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    LOL yeah sittin there rockin back and forth saying "Man this thing is hard and really uncomortable,and murder on my roids.well iguess its time to get out the dip bait".:smile2:

18. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Great story:smile2::smile2:

19. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I would like to say thank you to all that responded with their (nice) comments. Let me offer to perform the same operation (with rusty, fishy pliers) on each of you should the unfortunate situation occur...LOL:waaaht::ah:

20. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That's quite all right, Jerry! :eek:oooh:

I try not to swallow my own lures...but that doesn't mean that I haven't been taken hook, line, and sinker a few times! :embarassed::smile2: