Premiere Pro Cat Mono

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by SWeiss, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I saw this brand being sold online. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it any good?

I am looking for a soft line with no memory and decent strength. I like Berkley Big Game, but it's too stiff above 15#.

Thanks!

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    If you want no memory, then you need a braided line.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use big game in 25 and 30lb test...I dont think it is to stiff.

The premire line is much stiffer than the big game.

4. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That's what I was looking for, thanks!

5. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    A few threads down there's a lot of info under the topic "Pro Cat Line." :wink:

6. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I fell in love with trilene big cat line in 20lb size i just started using big game 20lb because i found a spool in my basement and im actually switching back tonight they sell the big cat at the octoraro bait shop

7. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I tried spiderwire 20lb braid and hate it on a spinning reel HATE IT its fine on my baitcaster that i never use but cant stand it on a spinning reel

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Huh! I searched the forum and found nothing. Doh!

Thanks!

I am running 15# Big Game on the new baitcaster and the spinning reel, and I am real happy with it. The 20# is just a bit too thick and stiff. Besides that you can get a 900 yd spool of the 15# for like $8.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122198

10. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    just found out that big game and big cat are the exact same line with different packaging... oh well i like the solar green color of the big cat better anyway good luck choosing a line sweiss if you plan to get into some bigger flatties then try spooling some of that tug o war braid or power pro on the baitcaster and try some mono on the spinning reel. we need to get together and fish my only fishing buddy is my girlfriend who since i taught her she has been outfishing me like crazy my other fishing buddy is the guy in the pic at the lake bait shop with the lake record... Dennis but he quit coming around and he was a bit of a prick anyway... hit me up brother