Prefered scent-lock

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by FlatGetter, Jul 24, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im a first time hunter this year and I was wondering the best scent lok or scent Blocker for the money. Charcol or carbon, you tell me.

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well we useactivated charcol(i think)

one thing i am thinking of doing is getting the scent blocker underwear and just descent my other clothes and when i get out to the hunting grounds just put it all on but i also wanna try that dead down wind stuff... like a enzyme that kills bacteria that makes human scent....

but the kinda clothes we got had a little ad on it when we got it and it had a little scratch and sniff thing that REALLY smelled like acorn but when u put that little patch of the scent blocker stuff u COULD NOT SMELL IT

but for a beginner hunter I WOULD ADVISE U TO ALWAYS KNOW THE DIRECTION OF THE WIND... u dont need scent blocking stuff if u CAN STAY DOWN WIND OF THE DEER

but i am 90% positive we use the clothes with the charcol liner in them....
    but i will find out when i go back down to my dads.(cause thats where they are) sorry i aint 100% sure but i will be soon

hope this helps...

Jeff

P.S.
    if u do get these clothes KEEP THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WASH THEM...

oh and i do know that to activate the charcol u need to put it in the dryer for 20min
    and that makes it work

3. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    jeff gave you some good advice, know the wind direction and keep this to heart.... "If the wind's in yer face... hunt another place".

i dont use scent blocking products such as the carbon clothes or the chewing gum breath odor eliminator. (the very idea of the latter i find funny) I do however take a bath, use unscented deodorant, and wear clean clothes. I harvest plenty of deer.

best of luck to you and hope to see a pic this fall of you and a ten pointer. :)