Pre-Spawn Mayhem on the Red River North

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by CaptainBrad, May 11, 2008.

1. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Yesterday I took a couple buddies out to look for spring catfish spots as things up here are just getting going. We went to one of my proven hot spots to start things out. One guy has never been to this part of the river before and is somewhat new to catfish in general.

I baited one of our six lines threw it out and as I was reaching for a second piece of bait BAM "Fish On". I knew it was going to be a good day but how good I had no idea.

The three of us ended up sitting in that first spot for over four hours because the bite was so good. We landed 32 cats and lost 5 in that one spot. Average size was about 9 pounds with three awesome 17 pound channels making it into the boat.

I love it when you come home and tell your wife you went catching.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow Brad! Thats a great day on the water putting 32 Channel Cats in the boat! :big_smile: 17#ers are some real hawgs! :cool2: Great pics and report!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Great report,Brad. I had a feeling you would post after telling us about it in the chatroom.Keep up the great catchin.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Man thats a nice Channel. I wish I could catch one that size.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a great day catching :cool2:!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That's some behemoth channels!

Thanks for the pics.

7. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Sunday I went back and fished like areas to the spot that produced fish. We caught fish in every spot but did not get the size of the day before. I am pretty sure it was a bait issue. Biggest fish was around 10 pounds. Photo to follow.