Pre fishing

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by gotta go, Jul 10, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Did a little pre fishing last night. weather was beautiful (cool) light breeze,:big_smile: moon was full and bright,fish bit early in the shadows but got lockjaw after a few hrs. You rekon the moon had anything to do with it??
    Doesn't really matter, i was on the water, and the boat is running like a champ

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad to hear the boat is running good after the new water pump.

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Dean, I'm glad that your boat is running well. I'm glad that you made it to the water.

As for the trip to the water I was supposed to make last night, it was supposed to rain, so we changed it from Santee to Wateree. But ended up spending most of the night on the side of the road, trying to fix a wheel-bearing on the trailer. 'Till 2-2:30 in the morning. I still haven't wet a hook, yet.:cry:

Mr. Jackson said that he wasn't taking me fishing anymore, that I was bad luck. It does seem that every time I start to go to the water that I end up having to work on something. I would say that's just part of having a boat, but, hell, I don't even have a boat! :wink:

Maybe Mr. Jackson's right.:beat_brick:

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks Team Fatcat, i'm glad that i didn't have to spend an arm and leg. Also thanks to GatorT that it didn't take me 3 months to get it fixed. I had all the bolts loose but the shifter linkage kept it from comming down. Some folks tried to help by saying do this and do that but it really comes down to seeing what to do. I ordered a book (something i should have done when i got the boat) it actually got to me the day after i fixed it :smile2: I figured it would take longer for the book to arrive. Thanks to Gator, he showed me where this mystery bolt was ( believe me, it was hard to see)
    I guess all boat engines were designed to take to the shop. :smile2:
    Gator i know how you feel about the bearing and the luck. My wife and i were on our way to Wateree a couple of months ago. We were about a mile from the first bridge when i seen my boat trailor tire pass me. :eek:oooh: Well i got it fixed and even replaced the other side with a new hub and got another as a spare.
    After catching bait the other eve, we headed to cedar creek. making the turn to go up into cedar creek, i seen a white 14-16 ft Carolina skiff in the area of the marker on that point as you turn. Kinda made me think of your friend, i guess because you had told me it was a place that he had fished.
    Later

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Glad ya got your boat up and running Dean,dont fish out all them holes before the 25th.I dont even wanna talk about flats and bearings on the way to Wateree.I have had that bad luck twice myself with Blowouts on the way to Wateree,both happened just past the Wagon Wheel in Fort Lawn plus I have had to go thru 2 liscense checks on the way back.That road has it out for me,I wont even go that way anymore.:wink:

6. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Going to try one more time!!