Pre-Fishing Weldon Springs Saturday

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Apr 24, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Never been there myself. Who is interested in going? I am taking my boys so was just wondering who else would like to meet up.

Well, I am taking at least 1 boy. The other one just hasn't gotten too much into the fishing thing. Even got him into a 35 pounder last year and that didn't even spark his fire.:eek:oooh: Had to wake him up to tell him his rod was doubled over and he was back asleep 10 minutes after horsing the beast into the boat. He is 13 years old so it just may be that fishing is too much work for him. Did I say he is not too much into the 'work' thing either!:confused2:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Good luck with the pre fishing. I caught 2 fish all day yesterday. one blue one channel both about 15 inches long. Dont have any answers for you there. With this rain who knows where the river will be by Saturday

3. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I totally understand the attitude of a 13 year old! I have a daughter that age, but luckily, Amber still has an interest in fishing. She really likes it when we bring a cooler, snacks, her ipod and cell phone:smile2:.

We should probably just consider ourselves lucky that they will appear in public with us.

I have never fished at Weldon Springs, so I'm not sure what it's like there.

Have fun tho!

4. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I may possibly pre fish saturday depends on the river. Rumor has it that they have Tourney's every sunday at Weldon Springs and im still trying to find out about them. If theres a tourny sun Ill prob fish in it. Anyone know anything about sundaY?

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I will be there early Sunday morning. I will give you the info then. Aint allowed to talk about that on here.

6. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    i will also be there early sunday morning cant ever seem to beat bob there though

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Hell skip....:eek:oooh::smile2: If your having those boy's toss around a 16oz sinker no WONDER there gettin tired:wink::smile2::tounge_out:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That was a good one Sam. :smile2: Those are some monster No Rolls ol Skippy has arnt they?

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok whose got an open seat tommorrow.. I was wanting to do some more crappie fishing for another fishfry but things didn't work out.. So now I just want to fish.. And it probably wouldn't hurt to practice some for next weekend huh...

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Harold i say practice!Practic!Priactic! I think you did all the practice you can get.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    PRACTICE?!?!?!? :eek:oooh: I don't know about the Practice you speak of Harry, but I know you have the KNOT PART down pat! Not bad at snag removal, well from anything above water that is....:tounge_out: