Pre fishing Tuesday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by russ, Mar 21, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i hope the river is not in the shape it is down here, its about as bad as it can get. so were going to load the boat and head up & pre fish the tourney. looks like we will be fishing the tourney with the river on a hard fall. so if anyone is out tuesday fishing ,stop by , would like to meet some of you. we will be in a twenty foot center consloe bay boat, white with catfishsafari rods. we should be somewhere around crystal city. ( hope that the trash is gone dont want to lose all my sponge bob floters ) :smile2::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Russ, it's pretty ugly right now from the reports. I am still in Oklahoma but a few guys went last night and there were tons of trees coming down and the Coast Guard has issued a small craft advisory on the Mississippi.

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    As of right now all the ramps up here are underwater. The river's gonna have to drop around 8-10 feet for Plattin Rock to be usuable, and Truman, well it's gonna be awhile.:crazy:

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Not to mention as far as Truman goes once the water does go down your gonna have to wait for the county to get out there and clear the ramp. I'm sure it's gonna be a mess.:eek:oooh:

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    A couple weeks ago when the water came up and went back down, some buddies of mine went down to Truman on opening day of snagging season. The ramp and parking lot was full of logs, and he unhooked his boat, and pulled them all out of the way with him truck. Guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do to go fishin':wink:

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    HAHA, do it your self. Here in kansas city last year we got a group of us and cleaned up our ramp. It took a few hours and a lot of work but we got it cleared enough to use it. The county was going to take another month to do it. There's pictures of it at www.kccatfish.com If you want to go fishing you will do the good deed.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice pics on the site Josh.:big_smile:

8. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That web-site has some good pics!:wink:

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    after looking at all the post, were not going to come tuesday, our plan now is to come up next thursday & stay till the tourney is over. i dont know the river up there so i think it would be unwise for me to head out with the river in that kind of shape. the river down here has not crested yet, the boat ramp & parking lot is all under water. dont know who left the water running up there, but i wish they would turn it off lol.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Actually the reports I'm hearing Russ are that the river is below the top of the ramp now, and there isnt a whole lot of trash floating. Gary is going to the ramp today and hell give a report. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Let's all keep our fingers crossed she keeps falling! Kind of ironic the first King Kat tournament was cancelled due to low water, and now the next two are facing high water issues!

Next week won't get here soon enough. If everything goes as planned, I'll see you guys out there next Thursday. I've got a feeling that's going to be a busy stretch of river Thursday & Friday.