Pre-fishing reports for Gateway Classic

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Mar 28, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well Team Death Barge hit the river today and had a tough time finding bait. We spent a little better than half of the day trying to find some shad. They seem to be pretty scattered right now and hard to find. We ended up with 3 fish today and one that got off at the boat. Here is a picture of the biggest one of the day, I don't know how but Bill manages to make a 50 lb fish look small.:smile2:

[​IMG]

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Congrats on the fish guys!! How's the river down that way? Any wingdikes showing yet? And to let everyone know.... That dead tree in the background is right next to the cottonwood trees Bob is always talking about. :tounge_out:

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    nice fish ryan, what shape is the river up there. and is e1 going out sat. morn. if so where thx rusty

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    The river looks great, hardly any debris coming down and she is dropping fast. Yeah Bill had a great time fighting that fish and when I went to net it the net snapped in half.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Atta Boy Rat Man. Thats a HOG in anybodys book. Great Catch Buddy.

Now Linus, your ONE week way away from a tournament, and you go and snap a shot with an identifying landmark in the background. I just happppppennnn to know where there that little day board just behind Rats head is :big_smile::cool2:

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I bet you think you do, Nice try Mr. Cuz I made sure that there were no landmarks around. All you will get out of this picture is a good look at what team death barge is bringing to the table.:wink:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh but Linus Sir, you wouldnt wanna make a lil wager that I could take you to within 50 yards of where you are sitting would ya? :smile2:

No worries my friend, I'm not gonna fish there. :wink:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    No worries Cuz, you have shown me so many spots this past year that I will take you to that spot myself........any time that you want to go after the tourney of course.:big_smile:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yo Grumper, Dont that bank look a lil like the bank in the background when you caught your fish last spring? :smile2::wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm just tinkin with ya Linus. I'm proud of you guys. Thats a heck of a fish. Great Catch. I honestly hope you guys can catch her again next Saturday.

Well Done Mr Rat!!! YOU DA MAN

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Sure does. Hell, everybody down here knows where that spot is at!:cool2:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    congrats on the fish thats a nice looking one

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks Cuz!!

Yeah it was a good day, a little bit on the chilly side but a good day none the less!

Bait was a bit hard to find but I did get a chance to really play around with the new fishfinder! I can honestly say that I am really happy that I got it! I upgraded the transducer to a quadrabeam and it is very very cool!! :wink::cool2:

Thanks for the pic Ryan! Hey what can I say???? I'm a big fat guy!!!:smile2::smile2:

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go you two, nice fish Bill, now get another net. :smile2: Last time I went out with Willie, we had a rough time finding bait, just picking up one or two here and there with two nets a flying. Looks like ya picked em up in the current seam behind an emergent dike (got still water over there against the Ill. bank) :cool2:… just hav’n fun… my hat is off to you two… water dropping, N/E wind, high barometer… signs say lock jaw time and you still came through… All right -congrats :wink:

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on your fish guys that is a fish to be proud of for sure. do me a favor and don't catch them all, leave some for us. :smile2:

16. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey congrats on a very nice fish. I am glad to see you two gettin it out of your system now rather than next Saturday. I am off to Jeff City to try my luck at a llittle gathering. Might be a little late for the meeting

17. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Hi guys, patrick here. Nice fish bill. I have seen bill on the river before. I am going to try to go to calbelas today maybe I will see some of you guys there. Anyway thanks for the fishing report. I have not been on the river this year yet. I got me a old 77 17 ft ranger with a 85 hp evinrude that I am getting ready for the river. I have to take it to carlyle first to make sure it does not sink "ha ha" before I take to columbia bottoms and down to the mississippi. Anyway, with all this rain I am thinking its going to be a great fishing year and I hope to meet some more of you guys. Happy fishing and I will see you/ on the river:smile 2:

18. RAPTOR

RAPTOR New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Great looking fish,job well done ..hope there are more around like that!!!...:smile2::wink:has to give you a good feeling for next Saturday...best of luck to your team.....

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    congrats on the fish Bill, that just goes to show you that anybody can get lucky once in a while.. So you guys can sit and watch us catch them next weekend... hehehe

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    So I guess the lesson to take away from all of this is don't tell people nuttn' when you are pre fishing a tournament. I guess nobody wants to post their pre fishing results. I am still learning the do's and dont's of this tournament thing but I really do wish everyone good luck. I hope that we all catch a bunch of fish and make this tournament a regular stop every year for the Cabelas trail. Good luck out there guys, be safe and have fun. I have heard that there is a fair amount of trash coming down today so be careful.