Pre-baiting a spot

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by spanishcatman, Dec 8, 2006.

1. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys - I've heard a lot of talk about chumming for cats. Is that like what we call loose feed or free offerings (for example chucking a few fish heads around a dead fish bait to increase the attraction)? And do any of you ever pre-bait a hole for a while before you fish it? I do it a lot and find it works brilliantly. I often bait an alternative spot on the way to or from the place I am fishing on that day. After a few bait-ups, I then give the new spot a try. As often as not, there are usually a few nice kippers laid up when I eventually get to fish it! It can take a lot of the guess work out of getting a result, especially with bigger fish. Now and again it's happened that I've invested time and bait, only to find another boat there when I got round to trying it...:angry:

It may be illegal where you all fish, or you are probably doing something similar already, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Mike

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    If I have time and resources I will bait a hole. I will use the same thing I'm gonna fish with. good luck

3. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I do it quite a bit when the fish get harder ta find, buy them cottenseed cakes at the feed store.... work pretty good.......

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I still just cannot get over the different english they speak in the United Kingdom....heck, in Canada too. Good thing there are so many of us americans on the board so we can understand each other. LOL.