Prayers requested please

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by the_nis, Jan 17, 2006.

1. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    If I could take a moment of your guys' time please...

Short story...A few weeks ago, I ran into a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in awhile. Now over the course of the last couple of years, we have grown apart without any explanation. I took it that it was a normal part of life. I have had other good friends that I barely talk to anymore. It happens. Now I've run into him other times here and there and he hasn't been himself in a long time but when I saw him a few weeks ago, something just didn't seem right and it was almost like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't. Well, the other day he called me up and told me what was going on. For the last year and a half or so, he has been doing cocaine and ecstacy pretty heavy as well as other randon pills and has a definite drinking problem. From what he said, he had a complete breakdown on New Years and was thinking about taking his own life. About a week ago, he got his whole family together and totally admitted what has been going on. He has been going to meetings and is thinking about admitting himslf into some type of rehab clinic.

I ask you guys to please pray for him to be successful with beating his adictions. He's a good guy and I'm trying to do everything I can for him right now. Thanks guys. I totally appreciate it!

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man, I'm glad he found the strength to fight the addcition. My prayers are with him to beat it.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Nis, the first step in the road to recovery for your friend was admitting that he had a problem. he's done that so on with the rest.
    Let him know I wish him the best. I've had friends who went down that road too. Some came back others didn't. tell him to be strong and he'll make it.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yhe battle is half won because he knows he has a problem and wants help do not desert him at this time he will need friends now more then ever along with prayers that he has from me keep us posted on his progress

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jason, you got it. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jason you are a good friend. Prayers will be sent brother.

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Thoughts and prayers going out to your friend Brother!!!

8. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Your buddy is on my prayer list.

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    He'll need a ton of support from friends and family to come out of this, but if he is smart enough to ask for help, and accept it, then it will hopefully be a little easier. I've seen a few cases like this, and they have a hard row to hoe, give him all the support you all can.

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jason ill say a prayer for him and hope you stay close to him and
    help be an inspiration in his life to show him that there is more to life than drugs and booze
    take the dude fishing and i wouldnt preach to em or nothin but i would talk to him and listen as well.
    let him know that if he continues on the low road though that you will not be a part of that and dont desire to have yourself pulled down along with him
    association with him puts you at somewhat of a risk .
    that crap can be beat you just have to have a desire to quit.
    no one said its easy but it can be done.
    prayers from illinois for you both bud

11. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My prayers are with him.

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Jason, for the past 15 years I have worked with individuals who suffer from mental health & substance abuse problems. Your friend definitely sounds depressed, and I strongly suggest that he seek help for this as well. Most substance-abuse treatment programs do not adequately address depression or other mental health disorders which is unfortunate because, on an annual basis, 15% of individuals sufferering from untreated depression commit suicide.

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Prayers are here nis, if he wants to he will. Been there done that a long time ago, but I just made up my mind and quit. Drugs way back, then booze in 01, then cigs in 04.

14. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Well, I just talked to my buddy. He asked me if I can meet up with him tonight just sit and BS. It keeps his minds off of things so I'm gonna head over to his house in a bit. I did the same thing last night. What really makes me mad is that his mother should be the most supportive throughout all of this, at least thats what you would think.(he still lives with his mom and his stepdad) When I talked to him before, he said that his mom said that it would be a good idea if he got the hell out of the house. See, I guess since he has quit everything, his temper is a little short right now. I just quit cigarettes and I'm cranky. I can only imagine what he feels like right now. Anyways, I guess he got into a fight with his mom and stepdad. Not a physical battle, just shouting. Now, they want him out of the house. What a great time to kick your son, who is trying to better himself, out of the house! I don't know, it just makes me mad...

Well guys, if I could shake each and every one of your hands I would. You guys are more than just "internet friends", you are my family. Thank you all so very much!

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Jason, sometimes what a person really needs is someone to listen to him and to believe in him. Your friend has a tough rough ahead of him, and at times he will feel very lonely and unsure of himself. As long as you're there to listen to him, and to encourage/support him, he may find it easier to make that journey. Sometimes, adversity brings people closer together, and individuals can find within themselves a strength that they never knew that they had. You are a good friend.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Arkansas sends out many. Please let them be heard.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Best of luck to you and him. White light, love and prayers being sent.
    Keep us updated.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Prayer said. I wish everyone, including myself had your friends strength. Good luck, please keep us posted.

19. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Offer to take him fishin' after rehab. he'll need to keep busy with other past times.
    A prayer has been sent.

20. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Well, I just got back from hanging out with my buddy. He seems pretty good actually. Even though he hasn't been off the booze and the drugs for very long, its like he's done a complete 180. He's back to the way he used to be a long time ago. I'm just trying to be there as much as possible for him. I'm gonna try to get him into fishing once the weather warms up but that might be a tough task. I tried getting him into fishing about 9-10 years ago but it didn't go so well. But we'll give it try again!

Once again everyone, thank you so much!