Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by rudepossum, Mar 17, 2007.

1. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am currently teaching a 3rd grade class at a Christian school. A young girl in my class ( 8 years old) Is having a very hard time dealing with the fact that that her dad( a local police officer) got shot in the face ( as you can guess a bullet through the face will mess you up) yesterday by a crack head. He is going to be OK, but this young girl is still afraid her dad is going to die. So please lift her and her family up in prayer. And i also ask that you pray for me that God will give me the words and strength to comfort and encourage them. Thank you

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers sent from NC for all of you affected by this tragedy.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    David,

Praying for this family to be covered with God's comfort and peace through this time as He holds this family close and brings healing to them all. May He give you wisdom in your dealings with this girl...
    And God bless you for opening your heart to teach the little ones about Jesus our Good Shepherd. Thanks for asking for prayers.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Our prayers are sent from N.Y.

5. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother David;
    Your young student will be put on a World Wide "Prayer Chain" by both my wife; Raven and myself!
    I will contact my people on the "Medicine Wheel" and Raven will contact her "Bards List".
    A candle will be lit and Prayers will be offered for the next several days and longer if needed!:smile2:
    Today's children have more than enough thrust upon them without having to deal with tragedy's like this too! :angry: <shaking head> I could say more but I don't want to get started on something I can't control alone in the World!
    However, we certainly CAN Say the Prayers and ask Our CREATOR to comfort this scared "Youngling" and ease her fears!:smile2: If I had my way; such macabre experiences, and worse, would never be allowed to happen to any child on our planet!!:angry: But, I'm only human ... with very limited abilities!
    "THANK YOU" for bringing this to our attention and to the attention of the BOC Brother's and Sister's. I know that many, many, others will join us in Prayer for this poor terrified child!
    Please keep all of us informed as best you can as to the child's progress.
    Fraternally and Most Sincerely Yours,
    Coyote1& Raven
    [[[[[End of post; Beginning of Prayers]]]]]

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for the little girl and her family.

7. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    Prayers from Pennsylvania..........

8. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers sent from NC

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from So. Illinois for you , the girl, and her dad. Thank you for asking and your concerns. God Bless You.

10. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Prayers and good thoughts for the little girl . I am sure the right words Will come to you.

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for sharing this with us,your BOC family! How horrendous for a little girl to have to worry about this!! I absolutely hate it that such evil exists in this world. The child will be remembered in my prayers and so will you!:sad2:

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers are sent from Beebe thanks for being there for herand for letting us know:smile2:

13. rgrshadow

rgrshadow New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I pray that God will work through you to comfort this family. Only God can provide the peace to help us survive through the tough times.

Rgrshadow from Western Ky.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'LL keep this family in prayers as well as you to help her find strength

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent.

16. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT FROM INDIANA

17. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    The family is doing fine. The little girl is all smiles again. This is how God works. Her dad ( a police officer) was hit in the face (upper lip) by a 38 caliber bullet . The bullet went through the windshield and slowed down enough that when it hit him the impact shattered most of his upper teeth and broke the bone in that area but did not penetrate any more, he actually swallowed the bullet.(they had to have the bullet for ballistics) he had some reconstructive surgery, but is home and able to talk. his wife told me he has reevaluated his faith and rededicated his life to Christ. I told them about the BOC and that my brothers and sisters here were praying for them and they expressed their gratitude and thanks. I can not thank all of you enough for your prayers. David

18. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    David,
    Thanks for updating us. I am glad that things are looking up again (in more ways than one!). Our God is an awesome God and through Him anything is possible.
    May this family continue to heal and coninue their spiritual journey as well.
    Bless you for being not only a teacher but a friend.

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    David, thank you for the wonderful news and praise God for all His work in these folks' lives :lol:

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from KY! Thanks for the update,sounds like Prayers have been answered but will keep them going!