Prayers needed for family friend and Seal

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by mcwrestler, Apr 26, 2007.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A close friend of my dad, and a friend of mine has fallen into some trouble. The man was in the 2nd graduating class of NAVY Seals and fought as a Seal in the Vietnam war. He had seen many things due to that, not to mention a bad childhood. He was always very nice, one of the funniest men I had ever known. He never showed anger or anything. Apparently he is 60 and was having trouble with his jod and paying the mortgage or something, it is unclear. Anyways, a man kept pushing him and pushing him about everything, giving him no slack eventhough he was trying. All the pressure caused hm to snap and he burnt down the house. After doing so he called my dad and came to see him, tried to contact our preacher, the police chaplain, then went to the justice center to turn himself in. My dad accompanied him, and he admitted to it all. He is not allowed visitors, but he needs prayers. He had went to church with my dad for years now and came to watch me wrestle. It is hard to imagine him doing that, but it could be a lifetime of stress. Hopefully he will get a mental evaluation. We just don't know where this is going, but he is a good man who needs prayer, no matter how things look. This is his only run in with the law period. He has no record prior to this. It appears something just built up too much. I am torn up with worry now, he was a man who would help me in any situation.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers have been sent from KY!!! I hope things work out for the best!

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
  4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It can make a person snap. I understand that these "Special Forces People" do things that they are not allowed to speak of later on.They have to be TOUGH no matter what the situation. We human beings no matter what out training in life is can only be tough for so long then we snap.I will keep him in my prayers. Sounds to me anyone who would do this and then go turn themselves in,that earns my respect immediately.We're all human,we all can only stand so much then we just snap.Poor guy!! Give him a pat on the back for me,he needs some helpmaybe now he will get some! I'm very sorry this has happened to you and your family and has filled you with worry! --------Sister Pat:sad2:

5. deepforkrunner

deepforkrunner New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I will pray for him, sounds like he just needed someone to talk to him and take him fishing.It helps everyone:smile2:

6. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    He had evrybody to talk to, and he went fishing with us, something just snapped. It is still a shock to me, he never did anything but tell jokes and seemed like all was fine. Since my parents split up he has been my dads best and closest friend. My dad is taking it hard and wants to go see him, but he can't have visitors yet, but our preacher and his has seen him a few times now. He knows what he did was wrong, hopefully he won't get too harsh of a sentence. Thanks for your prayers. I will keep all update on how things go.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for your dads friend.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    for your dad and your friend .A person can only be pushed in a cornor so far then thier gonna come out of that cornor fighting.Keep us imformed as to how things are going for him.Hopefully they will go easy on him.Just because he was a Seal he's still human and has feelings.

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Prayers are sent from Southwest Missouri.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Prayers on the way from Iowa for Your friend!! remember You can always tell how Good of Friends you have when the going gets TOUGH.Hang in there by his side Son,God Bless. J.D.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers sent ,cant imigine how you coulndt snap in a situation like that ,I know I've been awfully close once with a fellow I worked with and the only thing that kept me from goin off was my family.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers are sent from Beebe

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers sent from NC.

14. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayers have been sent from Ky

15. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Prayers on there way from Missouri.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayers are sent from So. Illinois for your dads friend. I hope everything turns out for the best.:smile2:

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    More prayers sent from OK.

I know what he did was absolutely wrong, but I think we've all done things that we aren't proud of. He did the right thing by turning himself in, admitting his mistake, and looks like he's gonna "man up" and accept his consequences as well. That's about all you can ask for in a real man, I hope the judge isn't too terribly harsh on him.

Like has already been stated, if he's your friend.... stick close to him and help him through it. A true friend (even if he's just a friend of the family) is to be cherished and respected. Best of luck to him.

BTW, I've been pushed too far a couple of times. Good family and a faithful God have kept me from doing a couple of really ignorant things. I can think of twice off the top of my head, where I was a split-second away from making a life-altering mistake. Once my dad stopped me, and the other time my wife stopped me. Being a hothead is a bad deal.