Prayers Needed - Brother in Law injured by my boat

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by TDawgNOk, Sep 29, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tonight, about 9:30 my brother in law was getting ready to leave for work. He had my boat on the back of his truck. Somehow, the boat trailer came loose from the truck, and smashed into his big brick mailbox, knocking it over, and comming to rest on top of it. I am not sure about all the details, but somehow durring this accident Joe's foot was smashed. They took him to the emergancy room and his big toe, and the one next to it are just barely hanging on. They took him for x-ray's and said that if the bone was fine, they would just sew the toes back on. If the bone was crushed or broken, they would have to do surgery. Most recent update is that they checked to see when the last time he had eaten or drank anything, and told him not to, as they would be prepping him for surgery shortly.

NEW UPDATE - The bones are crushed and an orthopedic surgen is determining the options. However he shouldn't loose any of his toes.

With the love of the Brotherhood, and prayers for all, I am confident that the Lord will heal him and his foot as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers,

Tony Farrar

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Tony, that makes my foot hurt just hearing you talk about. Man, your brother in law is in my prayers. What is his name?

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    holy cow. hope him and your new boat both pull through. man. ya just got the thing. my prayers are sent. hope he don't loose any apendages.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    YOu got it brother he will be added.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Prayers being sent Bro....

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    His name is Joe Brown. I know, original isn't it?

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Even though it was an accident, I feel partly responsible as it IS my boat that did it. If he hadn't been taking my boat to work for him and his buddies to work on in the middle of the night, then it wouldn't have happened. Almost makes me wish we hadn't have even bought the dang thing. Don't know if it is damaged or not, too worried about Joe right now. We will check out the boat sometime tomorrow durring the daylight.

I probably won't be on much tomorrow as I am not going to work. Can't sleep due to worry, waiting, and praying.

7. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Prayers are up from here, my friend!! Just remember, Our GOD is an AWESOME GOD!!

8. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yes Mike,

Our God IS an AWESOME God and he can heal Joe's foot totally and completely. His healing powers are not gone, and no longer available. They are called upon daily, and he responds. In the name of Jesus, Joe's foot will be healed, and good as new.

9. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope all works out well.

10. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    My prayers will be with your brother.

11. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Just got back from fishing and seen the thread, really sorry to hear about your brother inHe will be in my prayers.I know the boat really isent as important but i hate to hear about that to i know you just got the thing .Every thing will come out alright when you got God your side.

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Tony, sorry to hear about this bro. I hope he is ok and on the mend by now.
    If ya get time, give me a hollar and let me know.
    PS Don't blame yourself,things like this happen a lot.

13. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Tony I hope everything will be alright. I know these surgeons can work wonders these days, and your fiath in God will pull you and your family through this. You know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya don't blame yourself man. accidents happen. we told ya these boats can be a pain,lol. hope its ok.

give us an update as soon as ya can. hope all works out good. these doc's today can do great work.

15. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    UPDATE - The doctor removed some of the bone from his toes, and removed the toe nail of the big toe. Got the toes sewed back on. So far so good. He's at home and making jokes about it so that is good too.

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just saw this. Glad he is doing ok now.

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry to hear about the accident. We'll be praying for you and your family. I was going to say that sometimes those loose bone fragments will drift back to the main bone and fuse in place, but then I got to the post about them operating to remove them.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I sure hate to hear about your Brother-in-law. Tell him to hang in there and do not give up fishing. Payers sent!

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    my sympathy, buddy...may the good Lord touch his foot...

20. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Glad to hear he's ok Tony, but next time just let him borrow the darn thing without a fight. :)

Ray