Prayers Needed Attending College Aug/22/06

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by borntocatfish, Aug 6, 2006.

1. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I just thought I could use all the prayers I can get starting college is kind of scarey I will be attending BGSU for construction managment and technology a four year degree. so THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayers sent from ky.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Positive thoughts and prayers from NC.....

4. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Prayer sent from n.c.

:cat:

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The best of thoughts to you... keep the faith...:cool2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O Lord, protect me from those to whom You speak directly.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Praying for you, Ramiro.

7. College ain't all bad. Are you taking all classes on campus? You'll have fun just watch out for those keggers.

8. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    Best of luck to you and prayers sent from Northeast Kansas!

Greg

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    So, if you bust your butt and work hard at what you want to achieve, are you going to attribute that to prayers or your own self determination and your need to succeed?

You've got all kinds of abilities. The good Lord saw to that. Use it or loose it.

You can thank the Lord if you succeed, but don't blame the Lord if you don't.

Just a straight forward point of view.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck brother, prayers are sent. Have had many friends go to Bowling Green, good college. Keep us posted on how it goes.

The BOC will be praying for ya to make the right decisions in picking classes and that things go well after college.

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Prayers sent,best of luck to you...

12. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Prayers are sent out to ya brother. Don't be nervice I am sure that you will work hard and succeed just fine. Best of luck to ya brother God Bless

13. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Ramiro,

Prayers sent from Alabama. I graduated Texus U in 03 and my daughter is in her second year at Auburn...I know how your feeling. Don't get caught up with others that do not focus on their studies. Keep your nose to the grindstone and you will succeed. Good luck to you bro.

14. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Ramiro;
    Not to worry! I went back for another engineering degree when I had just turned 38 and it was no real problem. YOU, have a life of experience in the Real World and that will work to your advantage! Trust Me on that one! Those 18 year olds are away from home for the first time, have not had to work to keep a family fed, roof over their heads, ect, and have No Idea what the Real World is like! I saw it happen too many times while back at school!!!
    Get yourself a GOOD B&W printer and some decent paper for typing all your reports, theses, ect, that you will be required to do. Most professors, instructors, ect, today will NOT accept a hand written paper of any kind without at least one grade penalty!! If you cannot type/keyboard well, the best thing you can do is take a semester of typing/keyboarding!! I took a typing class way back in the 20th century when I was a freshman in High School and it was the best thing I ever done for myself at the time. This was especially true when I went to college and all, the first time!!! And, that is a skill that will stay with you for the rest of your life too!:)
    You let me know if you need any advice while in school, just send me a PM and I will do what I can to help ya out as I am sure every Brother or Sister will if you will just ask!:smile2: But don't worry!! The "youngsters" will look UP To You in class if you will take the lead in tests and do your homework! :big_smile:
    But in all seriousness, I'm sure you will do well!! Just keep the nose to the grindstone and work hard and those four years will pass fast! Too fast at times!! I will give you a small tip. If you stay with your studies, do your homework each week, keep up with the paperwork then when it comes time for your "Mids" and "Finals" you will have No anxiety and No Problems!
    Most instructors take the test questions right out of the homework and many even put them on the board for you to write down or mark so you will know what to study!
    If your instructor puts something on the board OR says "you might want to remember this", it WILL be on a quiz, test, Mid-term or Final!!
    All of my instructors used bonus questions from the book! This is just to see WHO bothered to even OPEN and READ the Daggone BOOK!! And let me tell ya, and this is a very SAD Fact! Many of today's High School graduates cannot, repeat CANNOT read well!!:sad2:
    I found this out when I was doing public service work in several states in the U.S.A. Many of the students in Hunter Safety Classes had to have a VERBAL Test because they COULD NOT READ the written one!!!:sad2: :angry: There is NO excuse for this in today's America!! But alas, I detour from your request!
    In closing, and just because you asked anyway; Prayers said and Best Wishes sent with the Prayers too. :smile2:
    Call on me if you need me. :smile2: But I am sure you will do well enough on your own that you will also be inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Academic Society too. THAT is one "frat" worth joining!! Along with being published in the National Deans List, and the "Who's Who in America" if you keep your GPA up and I know you WILL!:smile2:
    Fraternally, Sincerely, and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]

15. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck brother, college aint that bad.enjoy it while you can.and the other thing you are real close to the maumee river so you can still go catfishing!

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have my good thoughts and prayers brother. Look to the Lord He will take care of ya!----------pk powell:smile2:

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    THoughts and prayers are with you brother. Stay focused and do your thing!

18. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Good Luck ,Prayers out from Iowa .
    Brian

19. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    Good luck to you I hope you do well. That is a worthy goal to strive for.I will say a prayer for you on that.

20. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Best of luck to you brotherprayers sent from Beebe Ar:big_smile: