Prayers for the family of Sean Taylor

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jeremiad, Nov 27, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    (From the AP Newswire) Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died early Tuesday, a day after he was shot at home by what police say was an intruder. He was 24.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

He said Taylor died early Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, where he had been airlifted after the shooting early Monday.

Doctors had been encouraged late Monday when Taylor squeezed a nurse's hand, according to Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' vice president of football operations. But Sharpstein said he was told Taylor never regained consciousness after being transported to the hospital and that he wasn't sure how he had squeezed the nurse's hand.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Sharpstein said.

Taylor was shot early Monday in the upper leg, damaging an artery and causing significant blood loss.

Full story here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406
    Picture of Sean Taylor: [​IMG]

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats a damn shame. Hope they catch the punks.

3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Yeah it is, anytime a man gets shot in his own house its a damn shame. What puzzled me was that in a few other articles I read they said he had grabbed a machettie that he kept for home protection..a professional athlete, an NFL player, and he keeps a machettie for protection? Another article, said years eariler he had gotten in trouble for pulling a gun on someone who stole his ATVs. Where was the gun at this time? Either way, prayers go out to him his girlfriend and his daughter.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I saw part of the story on ESPN this morning. My prayers go out to the family and may God rest his soul.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Another youngman gone too soon. Prayers are sent to his family.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a34:

Anyone out there that is a fan of sports or just human life in general, should want to say a prayer for this young man. No person deserves that.

(With that being said) - My family here at the B.O.C. & I would like to send out our prayers to all of his family & friends doing these sad times.
    :sad2:

Bert & Shania

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well it looks like they found out who done it. I pray that the famliy can get some peace now

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky.