Prayers for some friends of our family

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jlingle, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    A couple from Wisconsin who we raise dogs for (okay, a customer.... but a friend as well) came down Friday to pick up a litter of 9 dogs that we'd trained for them. They left Friday evening after dinner with my parents, and were planning on driving all night. Sometime around 8am, the lady fell asleep and rolled their truck. Her husband wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and was asleep in the front seat. He was ejected through the windshield. Although it sounds horrific, he escaped with only a broken collarbone and several broken ribs. He's pretty darn lucky to even be alive. The truck had a dog box on instead of a bed, and to the best of my knowledge, all but two of the dogs were killed. One dog hasn't been found yet, and only one is still in good condition. So not only have they lost their dog truck and been injured, but they also lost a significant investment in a whole litter of trained dogs, that were ready to go to the track & start making them money.

The story was picked up by a local newspaper in the area, and there are now a couple of "animal" groups who are trying to use this story to reap some financial gain. They're saying some rather unsavory things about this couple and their dogs. Of course if the so called "animal" groups were to report anything good about these dogs, then it wouldn't benefit them, so they're twisting the facts in any direction possible to further their cause. Sad sad sad sad sad.

Please pray for the health of these good people first (their last name is Junk) and also for their emotional well-being.

Thanks a lot everybody.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is a tragic story all around. Prayers sent from So. Illinois.:sad2:

3. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    That is tragic. The Media always have opinions. They never have the facts. They jump before observing. Prayers sent from Arkansas.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    prayers being sent from Tulsa!

5. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    will do , will pray for them all, and the dog that is missing. that is a tradget trust me i know it may not be the same but it tore me up when i had to put my dog to sleep. so i knoiw what it is like lossing the dogs.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    thoughts and PRayers sent from ky.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  8. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    will add them to the prayer list.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for your friends.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Prayers sent, hope all turns out well!!

11. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Prayers sent from southern ohio!

12. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Prayers sent from Florida.
    Prayer works!

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Sorry to hear about thi. Prayers sent from the Styers family! The news never prints what they should, but always what they shouldn't. Always a animal actvist waiting for something like this to happen, just so they can fin cause to hollar and poke at it!

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That is a real shame. Prayers sent from Illinois.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I am very sorry to hear about the dogs but at the same time I am greatful for the health of the couple especaily the gentlemen that was ejected. My prayer and thoughta are with them.

16. vinnie

vinnie New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Will definitely be praying... from Indiana.

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Prayers are added from the Blue Ridge...

18. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Prayers sent from Tennessee.

drd

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
  20. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Update: the couple is doing much better, and recovering from the wreck. There was one dog that was completely unhurt that never left the dog box, and another that ran off & they had to catch. After 4 1/2 days, they caught her. Looks like that situation will work itself out. Glad to see it myself. Hopefully I can do a good job with the dogs they've sent me, and they'll be great racing dogs. Hopefully anyway, I guess the dogs are only capable of what god's given them the ability to do, but I hope they turn out well. Anyway, thanks so much for all your prayers and well wishes. I really do appreciate it.