Prayers for my grandpa

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jbarnes17, May 21, 2007.

1. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    My grandpa is 86 years old and he an my grandma raised me since I was 13 and my younger brother and sister as well. He has had a pacemaker for about 10 years now and three months ago he had it replaced with a new one. Last week he went in for a checkup and he found out that his aortic valve is pretty well clogged and the doc won't operate on him because of his age. He was supposed to go back to the doc today and he said he didn't feel like going so he cancelled. It seems to me that he has just lost the will to go on over these last few months. He used to plant 3 big gardens every spring and he would put out 150 tomato plants because he just loved his gardens and he was proud of them. This year is the first year he didn't plant anything because his legs can't take it anymore and all he does is just sit in his chair in the house. Now since he found out about the recent news about his heart its gotten worse and all he is doing just dwelling on it and getting depressed. I been going over there quite a bit just to keep him and my grandma company. It bothers me that he feels the way he does and it makes me sad to think about it. But as always, I hide my emotions from my wife and kids and pretend that it doesn't bother me when it is really eating me up inside. So if you guys could say a prayer for him I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers are being sent from Southwest Missouri.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    We will keep your Granddad and the family in our prayers.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent brother.

5. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    I will be more than happy to keep your grandpa and the entire family in my prayers.
    Please know that we do care.
    Beck

6. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Will keep your whole family in my thoughts and prayers and hope he comes around maybe he just needs a good fishing trip to get him outta that old chair.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky.

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Prayers are sent from Arkansas.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Prayers sent for Grandpa! I know it is hard on you, but leave it in gods hands, and he will see it thru!

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Prayers sent your way.