Prayers for K9 Egor

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by trnsmsn, Sep 26, 2006.

1. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I would very much like to ask for prayers for my K9 partner Egor. Last night he developed some serious hip problems. From having owned many dogs & being a K9 trainer, I know in my heart that the problem is irreversible.At some point today, I will have to take him to be put to rest.

He is my partner & ever loyal companion, he has been with me for 9 years. My shop is in one of the highest crime ridden neighborhoods & while all the other local buisnesses have suffered many losses, I have not suffered ONE. Although many attempts had been made, NO ONE got past him.

Last year during the hurricanes, a local resident informed me that another local repair shop was being looted, he said he called the Police but they don't respond to calls when the wind speed is as high as it was.

I called the P.D. & advised the dispatcher that I was enroute to the address being looted & was taking my K9 and weapon to stop the looters. I requested backup if @ all possible. When the officers(my friends) heard the call come out, they knew it was me.

I arrived @ the scene to find the building partially destroyed & 4 male looters, they ran after being confronted, I released Egor, who stopped them prior to exiting the premisis. Within seconds, 6 units arrived to find them all face down........The Police & shop owner were very greatful & put in for a community service award for me.

Egor may only be a dog to some but he is family to me. I pray that he will rest in peace

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    What you are facing is one of life's hardest .Prayers sent from my family to yours. May he rest is peace

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    thoughts and prayers being sent from tn

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Elliot, we have a dog that's part of the family. So I know how important this dog was in your life. Prayers sent.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oh Elliot, I'm so sorry. I know how hard this must be for you. Egor isn't only an intelligent and special canine, he's your friend; family, like you said. His memory will live on in your heart, and I'm sure the minds of the folks who came in contact with him. Sending positive thoughts and prayers from NC....may Egor rest in peace, and may YOU have peace knowing that you did the best thing for your friend.

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    prayers sent from ohio

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That really sucks man, prayers are sent. Hope that you do not have to put him down but you know what is best for him.

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    I wanted to express my grattitude to all of those who sent prayers for my companion & Me.

He is in his eternal resting place now. The vet surmised that he had cancer of the spleen, as his abdomen was full of blood. I didn't see any sense in putting him through exploratory surgery, only to her bad news again.

Once again, thank you all very much & God bless you

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This story made me cry! Rest in peace Egor!------------------------:sad2:

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    I feel bad that it made you cry but the more I think about it, you wouldn't cry if you didn't care.

Believe me, the tears shed today will not be the last.

God bless you.

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    prayers sent from ind.

12. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm so sorry to hear about your partner. I recently lost my pet after having her only six months, so I cannot imagine the grief you feel losing your partner of 9 years. I know that there wasn't much of a choice for you in his case, but however he had to go, we still grieve, don't we? I will pray for you as you go through the grieving process and want you to know that anytime you want to talk about it, I'm here.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayers and Thoughts sent out to you and your family.

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa .