Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Catcaller, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    My wife is scheduled for surgery this coming Wednesday to have her gall bladder removed. I've been trying to re-assure her that it isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. The doctor says it is a routine out patient surgery these days. She'll be in surgery less than an hour...go to the recovery room...and be on the way home an hour later.

The thing is...she's got a SERIOUS phobia of getting put under by anestesia. She's never been put out...and it's upsetting her to no end. She's been doing alot of crying here lately...since the surgery date is rapidly approaching....No matter how much re-assurance I have been trying to give to her.

I'd sure appreciate it if 'yall could add her to your prayer lists for her to find a little serenity to get her by until this thing is over. (Her name is Candy Stevens)

Much appreciated!

Brian Stevens

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Brian. prayers sent from here . Getting put under is alway scary.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Candy & Brian,
    You'll Be in Our Familys thoughts and prayers!! Being put under for the first time is a little unerving. I'm sure You'll be just fine

The Kilpatrick's Brad, Adriane, Raven, and Tayler

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Support is up in AZ, maybe showing her all the support that is posted here will help reassure her that things will be OK.

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Brian, you got it. Prayers and thoughts from WV to you and Candy.

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Brian, thoughts and prayers coming her way. My wife had this done a few years ago. She made it just fine. Tell your wife it'll be a relaxing sleep, that's what my wife told me anyway. Recovery was very rapid, three days later and she was back at work (doc released her to lite duty). Good luck and hope she recovers quickly.

7. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    I had the laproscopic surgery a few years back. Nothing to it...

A real cute nurse told me she was putting the sleep juice in the IV. I started flirting with her and the next thing I remember, I was talking trash to a big, hairy male nurse in the recovery room. The only bad part of the whole experience, that big hairy male nurse started flirting back!!!.

God and the BOC are with you. Don't worry about a thing.

Mike

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Brian, I had to have surgery a few years ago and be put under. I can tell you it was no big deal at all. I just woke up and wondered if they had even done any thing yet and it was all over. I know there is allways a risk w/having anestesia but they know what there doing. I had also herd it makes some ppl. sick but myself it had no effect on me. She will be fine, as we will all be pulling for her.

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    prayers sent from Ohio, hope everything goes well

10. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    Support and prayers going out from Indiana , Brian and Candy.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    You got it Brian, you can assure Candy that we are all pulling for her. Been there myself with the same concerns, to behonest it was like Spoon said.

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Brian, I hope everything works out well for your wife.

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Prayers sent from my family to yours

14. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    Prayers and Thoughts your way. I can understand her fear of being anesthetized. Ive been anesthetized twice for surgery, they just put a breathing mask over your mouth and nose, then they'll ask you something like "count back from ten." I'm out at seven, :). Just assure her it's nothing to be worried about. Hope the surgery goes well.

I remember they gave me a light sedative several minutes prior to going into the operating room, so I don't think she'll be able to worry!

Hope all goes well.

15. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Candy is in our prayers along with you Brian.

16. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Brian,
    Our thoughts, and prayers go out to your wife, you , and your family.

Walter & Pam Husak

17. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My prayers are with you both. The pain of the gallstones is far worse than any of the anesthesia. Most of the anesthesioligist are very comforting. I have had lots surgery :( and the worst part is feeling so goofy before and then waking up later disoriented. They can give drugs to virtually eliminate nausia and other common side effects.

My doc told me that surgery was optional. I could eliminate dairy, fats, and raw veggies and never suffer another attack. I told him he was right, because I would starve to death. NO FRIED CATFISH????? Sounded like a hell on earth. lol

Best of luck and make sure she brings a robe from home. Those hospital outfits are drafty!

18. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thoughts and Prayers with you Brother.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    White light, love and prayers out to Candy and you from TN.
    Please keep us updated.

It is a restful thing, like T-Bones' wife said.

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, i sure understand her feeling. It can be a little scary with all the signing of paper work and stuff. I've been put under 8 times and got a couple more to go. Sure did help waking up with my wife there.
    She just needs to relax. It will be all right. Just be there for her when she wakes up.

She is on our list of prayers from Texas.