Prayer request

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Socal-Mike, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Sorry didnt know where else to post this.

Since Sunday afternoon, its now Thursday night, ive had the WRST HEADACHE ive ever known to exist.
    Ive been to the emergency room and now the regular doctors...theyve diagnosed it as a "Tension Headache ad well as a Migraine..extreme case" combined. Doctor said they keep irritating each other and thats why its reoccurring.
    Ive been moping around the house for the pas couple days all doped up on pills (which hardly work) and i NEED to get back to work...no workee no pay.

Not to mention, its been 5 days since ive fished :eek: and im feinin for some action.
    Ive never had no trace of migraines but some recent stress issues may be the cause of it....i can understand this kinda stuff happens but its scarin me the length of time its lasting. Theyeve ran CT scans and theyve been OK, they dont feel a spinal tap is needed at this time.

For anyone who cares or talks to God on a regular basis, please mention me and my family. This has really taken a toll on everyone...im usually the strong one and nobody including myself, is use to anythign like this.

Ive never fealt any pain like it and wouldnt wish it on anyone.
    Please just pray that God helps heal my illlness and keep s my family strong...of course hoping its just a major migraine and passes soon.

over the last few months ive grown to this board and feel confident i can count on at least a few brothers to help out...there is power in prayer.

Thanks
    Socal-Mike

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers will be sent, hopefully the headache will leave and you will find a way to control em. Lay down and get some rest brother.

3. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Thanks man, i cant tell u how much i appreciate it. The medication seems to have eased it up for the moment..ill be in bed in a few. Been laying around since 8 am, seriously was a 13 hour throb session.

I have a new found respect and sympathy for migraine sufferers.

God Bless n thanks.

4. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I deal with stress bad nerves and depression everyday and have now for many years.

What your saying your having can be caused by worrying about the least little thing meaning worrying about how is this and that going to get done or worrying how your going to do this and that what ways you should go about doing this and that.

And think so or not even worrying about why things are like they are can cause it.

But when you deal with stress depression and nerves you cant help but worry.

Like me if i feel the least little thing is wrong in my family i will start to worry when i do the next thing happens i start getting light chest pains. from worrying. then my head will start hurting sometimes so bad my nose will bleed.

The best thing to try and do is step back and take a break from everything and take a deep breath. and clear you mind the best you can.

Sometimes even me needs a break but theres offten times we think we don't need a break when we really do.

Try to look at how bad things could be and then look at how bad they really are not. and always try to look on the good side of things.

Feeling rushed or presured will also cause this. or feeling like nothing you do is good enuff will also cause cause you will always wonder why and how isit not good enuff and you will try harder to do better at whatever.

That maybe another reason there maybe something your trying to do and trying to hard at it don't try as hard and see how it gos. try but not as hard.

Not geting rest like you should will also cause this. thinking and keeping things on your mind without talking about them will also cause this.

I hope this is to some help brother get better soon.

5. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Mike

There are times, (an awful lot of times) I feel I've made the very bottom of the Lord's "no hope list", so I'm not too sure a prayer from me will help much. I will do this though. Instead of praying for you, I'll pray with you.

One thing I can tell you for sure, I have seen quite a few prayer requests posted in the BOC, and a lot were answered. I guess it goes to show there IS power in prayer and some power prayer people, here in our brotherhood.

Keep the faith, Mike, help is on the way.

Mike H.

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Mike,

The power of prayer is the greatest power known except for the power of love. These together are unbeatable. I will pray for you and your family that this pain will subside and that everything will return to normal. GOD bless you and yours.

Mike

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Prayers on the way from Mo.

Good luck,I think the only thing worse than a migraine is a toothache.The worst part is that you look fine on the outside,and people have no idea how bad your hurting on the inside.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Mike,

First and foremost, I am praying for your headache to leave and a feeling of overwhelming peace to come over you.

With that said, I also would like to suggest something to relieve the pressure. Seems silly when you think about it. Drink 1 cup of HOT Tea with 1tblsp of honey in it, and some lemon juice. Then take a washcloth, soak it with warm water and vinager, place it in the microwave for 30 secs or until steaming.
    Take the wash cloth and lay down in a cool, dark room, flat on the floor and cover your face with the wash cloth for 10 - 15 mins. It may not take the headache away completely, but it should make it more bareable.

Thats what my wife does when she gets her migrains

9. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Thanks to all of u for your tips and prayers.

I cant express in words how greatful i am, God bless you all.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mike, Judy and I have already said a prayer for you and your family. We believe with all our heart that Our Lord will grant this request. Just remember to thank Him when the headache is gone and your burdens are lifted.

11. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Amen and thank you kind sir. May God bless you ten fold..

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mike,

You will be in my paryers - A Headache is "No joke" - I hope that you get better soon. :0a32:

As far as you not being able to do any fishing - (Dude) - I can feel your pain on that one because I haven't been out for awile myself (Family Issues & Events). :cursing:

But you hang in there - soon your headache will a thing of the past and your be fishing (& working :sad: lol) again.

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

13. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    Mike ...

I hope your pain will be lifted soon ... and so you can go about what you have to do for your family ....

Others have said it but listen to there advice ...
    take a deep breath and go where it is quiet to rest ...

Say a prayer to our God up above ... he will listen to you anytime , and remember to thank him if your headache disappears ...

Follow the remedy that Tdawg gave you this will help you as it has helped many people in the past ...

Your headache will soon disappear if you can do the above .... until then I will say a prayer for you and your family ... God Bless

14. jonnnyboy

jonnnyboy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hang in there, Mike. We're praying for you here in Tennessee. Bless you! Jon

15. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I myself have had the dreaded headache that you are decribing I have found that the best remady for me is to take at least 6 advil and then run the bathtub as hot as you can stand it. Hold your breath and put your head under the hot water for as long as you can. This usually provides some relief from the pain as long as you can hold your breath. When you feel like it is reliveing then go straight to bed and clear your mind and go to sleep. I know this sounds strange but it works for me what have you got to lose give it a shot. I feel for you brother.

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Our prayer will be with you. Hope everything works out for the better. :)

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Mike there is always help and hope in prayer but even though what you said gives me the feeling you do not talk to god regular he will not forget any of his children all you have to do is ask him take it from me been there done that Prayers are being said for you but just remember god loves us all

18. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Mike I've had headaches so bad all I could do is lay on the bed and cry.I know how bad it can be so you will be in my prayers.

19. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Thanks to everyone who prayed and had kind words for me.
    Hopin it isnt just the start of more migraines but for now, it has passed and im ready roll again.

Finally, gonna get back in the gym after 10 days for a light workout.

thanks again

20. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    THANKS. everyone needs this small reminder once in a while :cool: