Prayer Request please.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by channelcat_tracker, Jul 11, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I thought my dad was doing good since he has sold his business (Midwest Utility Trenching Services) and I thought he was going to be doing better. But now, I am realizing that my father is going into some depression. The way I figured that was that he doesnt seem to want to do much and he is starting to pick up the booze and coke a bit. I am really starting to get worried about him and I am doing my best in trying to take him fishing. But he still doesnt want to go! So what I am asking from the BOC is that you all give my father a prayer request so that he may get over his depression and start his life over again. Thank you BOC!

2. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Prayers sent.
    Hang in there Tony. If ya need to talk, feel free to PM me.

_

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent Troy, depression can be tough on the whole family. Keep us updated and just let him know how much he means to you. If there is anything I can do just hollar.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Prayers being sent. The bottle is a strong crutch and your doing the right thing by trying to get him out of the house and doing something. Keep trying, Never give up.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers have been sent from KY,as the others said,Don't give up and keep talkin to him!!!

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Prayers sent for your dad. Depression is hard to deal with. God can do it

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    prayers sent.. I hope everything works out for you..

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers from Iowa my friend , I've been through this a couple times with loved ones . Keep the faith ,do your best to be strong and be supportive . Most of all , take care of yourself and find the support YOU need also .
    Hang in there
    Brian

9. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Tony,
    I don't know all the details and don't need to because my GOD knows our innermost thoughts and desires. He knows what's bothering your Dad and knows what to do about it.
    Prayer is a powerful weapon but LOVE is even stronger. We, on the BOC, will continue to pray for you and your Dad. You continue to LOVE him, even when he does things you don't understand or approve of.
    GOD will answer our prayers and you will have your Dad back. I sincerely believe in the power of GOD. HE loves us all and wants only good for us all.
    Sometimes SATAN is allowed to claim small victories but GOD is in control of ALL.
    God Bless!!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Prayers and positive thoughts sent from NC for your dad, Tony.....

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Prayers sent out to you Tony keep strong and keep the faith

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Prayer are on the way little brother

13. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent. I went through something like this when my Dad passed away. Just keep trying to get him out and active. The best thing for him right now.
    Mike

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Prayers from Greenville, SC. My father was depressed, too, Tony - and he also drank. But he did like to go fishing with me, which is something that I will always remember. Do your best to spend time with your dad in any way possible. Even though he's living with his family, he's probably feeling very lonely, lost, and misunderstood. Let him know that you love him, and that you're willing to talk with and listen to him whenever he needs.

15. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    prayers sent. Hope everything works out.

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Prayers are sent for you and your family. Were all here for you brother.

17. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thanks guys, you dont know how much i really appreciate your prayers sent. i deeply appreciate the BOC for all the help you guys give to me. youve been their for me and now i must be their for you guys!

18. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry about your dad...my prayers are with you

19. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Prayers sent from Louisiana.

20. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony, may faith be with you and your dad. Have you tried getting him interested in the BOC...? Collectively, I'd be willing to bet we could steer him down a straight and narrow path...:big_smile: