Prayer Request for Teayswrestler

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by teaysvalleyguy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would like for all of you guys and gals on the BOC to say a prayer for my little brother. He plays high school football for Teays Valley (Left Guard on Offense and Nose tackle on Defense) This is his first year playing because he was always afraid of getting injured before wrestling. Well, last Friday he was the leading blocker going down field for the RB who was going in for the score. He made a nice tackle to spring the runner and either stepped on the guy or just twisted his foot wrong. Well, he tried to get up and was unable to and they had to carry him off the field onto the stretcher where they decided that they thought it was broke. He went for X-Rays that night and it was positive that there was a break in it. They put in in a half cast type and wanted him to go to a orthopedic surgeon this week to get it looked at again and a cast put on it.

Well, he went today and they told him that he had what is called a Jones Fracture in the foot. The doctor told him that it is about the worse type of break you can get in the foot because it is where the least amount of blood vessels are so of course not as much calcium and such will travel to it. They put it in a hard cast for 6 weeks. At the end of 6 weeks they will cut the cast off and X-Ray it again. If it is healed pretty good then they will just put a walking cast on with a wooden shoe for another 3-6 weeks. If it is not healing well then they will go in and re break it and put a screw in it which means another 6-9 weeks off his feet.

He is devastated because he was wanting his football letter and to be a 3 sport letterman again this year. Now he may not even get to wrestle which has really got him down. I would appreciate a prayer that all will heal well and I know if anyone wants to send him a card it would cheer him up. They said it is a very serious injury for anyone that plays sports and he is looking to get a wrestling and track scholarship for college. Thanks for taking the time to read this, it is much appreciated. He was a first year football player and was iron man on both sides. Just remember that at 16 in High School when everyone looks to you for your athleticism to pin the kid or get maximum points for your Discus Throw how much it would get you down.

If you want to send a card just PM me and I would be more then glad to give ya his address. I would appreciate it.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Tea , Sorry to hear about your little bro.
    He will be added to my Prayer list.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    tell andy were praying for a speedy recovery. hope hes back on his feet soon. ive been lucky in life. even with the crazy partys and the goofy stuff (climing on grain bins, falling off roofs,) and such we do in these small towns ive never broke mush more than a nuckle or two so i dont know the pain but for a young man thats got to stink. :crying:

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    One prayer on the way from Mo.

Guess he'll need a few cheerleaders to carry his books! :D

5. shadow

shadow New Member

Tell "little brother" that we sent one up for him. My guess is that he will get his letter(he would if I were the coach).

6. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I will keep him in my prayers .

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tea let him know he is being taken care of, prayers sent to Andy and your family. Keep us abrest on whats going on.

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sorry to hear andy getting hurt.
    hes young and healthy and will be back in top form shortly.
    prayers sent from illinois.
    i agree with shadow maybe a little extra curricular tests or helping other athletes with tips and pointers and he should get the letters.
    take er easy andy

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tea sorry to here the news about your brother. I remember you talking about him and putting up pic's on old site. Good man.
    I will add him to our prayer list. I hope all goes well for him.

10. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    That is pure pain, shattered my right ankle once.
    Still remember that pain.
    Tell him to take it easy and let it heal.I didn't and am still paying that price.

11. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Tea make sure he does what the doctor tells him to do and get some Physical Therapy also it will hurt but it will hurt more not to. Also you cant be to young to get Physical Therapy dont listen to that sort of stuff. It will help him heal faster and keep everything moving like it should move. We will say a pray for him and hope that he gets better. Thats sad that he got hurt like that. Take it easy with him.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    That boy has a lot of fans out here.We are all rooting and praying for him.Hang in there.peewee-williams

13. CFH

CFH New Member

State:
    Alabama
    As was stated in the other post he's young that will help with recovery. Being depressed can slow down recovery,so if you see signs of it talk to him about it. Prays will be sent up.

14. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hey Andy, take care of yourself and get well soon. You've still got to teach some of these guys how to set a hook your way.

15. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Sorry to hear that T. I guess it will take some time to get over it.

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tea, tell Andy that Joanne and I will be pullin for him. Keep him out fishing and doing things to keep his mind off of it. Sure do hate to hear this. He's a good kid!!

17. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sorry to hear that. Our prayer will go out to him. The up side is that he can make some of the get togethers and lift his spirits while fishing with fellow catfisherman. ;)

18. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sorry to hear Tea. Tell him to listen to the Doc. Having an ankle rebroke sure was no picnic I can assure you that. Hope he gets well soon.

19. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Tell Andy that we are praying for him buddy.

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, he talked to the coach today and the coach told him as long as he kept going to practices and games that he would get his letter. He told him that it really hurt the team when he went down Friday night. From never playing football to being an iron man on both sides this year was very awesome and that he should come back next year. Andy was grinning from ear to ear when he told me so I know he is defiantly a little relieved over that. I will continue to ask for prayers that he will heal well enough to wrestle this year and that he will not have any lasting affects from it. His health is the main concern here. Thanks everyone as it means alot to me. I will try and get some pics up for yall.