Prayer request for my Granny

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by jlingle, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    My dad's mother, "Granny" is losing her battle with cancer. The doctor has told us that it's time to call in the family.

I have been blessed for all of my 33 years to know Granny. Everyone who knows her has been blessed, she's that kind of person. In her younger years, she was stunningly beautiful. Tall, blonde and full of the kind of fire that all men look longingly after. She had movie star looks when nobody knew what that meant. She's squeezed every last drop out of life, and now it looks like it's time for her to go home. In typical Granny fashion, she'll probably curse death and sadness and try to get one of us to sneak her in a beer or something..... she's just that way. There is literally nobody on planet earth that knows her, that doesn't absolutely adore her.

She has been the best grandparent ever, she has spoiled me for as long as I can remember.... letting me sleep under the Christmas tree, always buying me toys when we went to the store, cooking me whatever meal I wanted at any time, letting me pick out my Christmas presents, taking me fishing anytime I wanted, in my older years she gave me a boat, ad nauseum... In the later years after my grandpa died, it wasn't unusual to find her at the same bars that we went to, having a beer with her friends. She's been known to try to order a beer in intensive care, tell dirty jokes to doctors, and she's even decked some silly lady who bad-mouthed our family name. She has grabbed life by the throat and choked the very breath out of it. :lol:

Now she's ready to go. She's known that she is dying, and she's ready. There's no stopping her when she makes up her mind to do anything, and this will be no different. She raised 3 boys and 6 grandkids and we're all gonna miss her like nothing else. This is gonna be the toughest death that I've ever had to deal with. Please just pray that my Granny will go peacefully and painlessly. The rest of us will be alright, but it wll be painful.

Thanks.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thought and Prayers sent from ky.

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    prayers sent from ohio

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thought and Prayers sent from Southwest Missouri.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    for your granny. Just remember all the good times you and her had in those 33 yrs.They will last you for a life time.GOD BLESS you and your family in this trying time.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayers are sent from Beebe F

7. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thought and Prayers sent from NC

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers sent for Granny to have a very peaceful passing and for God to help ease the heartache you will suffer due to her leaving.

Just remember the wonderful memories and most of all remember she is going to the best of places!

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for granny and family during this time.

10. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Thoughts and prayers to ya from the box, always hate to lose the good ones.

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jerrod,

Keeping Granny and all your family in prayer through this time, that you all will receive God's peace and comfort.

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :sad_2a:
    Prayers are being sent to you & your family from California.

Take Care,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

13. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I am so sorry to hear of this I will keep her and your whole family in our prayers. Cancer is no joke I know. I wish there was some cure for it.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jerrod, My Brother may God be with you through all of these times . I recently lost my last remaining Grandmother and I know the pain that you're going through . Keep the faith my friend every thing has a purpose .

15. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
  16. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well, I thought I'd give you all an update.

First of all, thanks so much for all the prayers and well-wishes that've come my way through this thread and PM's. It's hard to express how much it means to me, just knowing that you folks care about someone that you've never met. Thanks.

Granny is getting close to going home now. For the last few days, she's been either completely comatose or hallucinating badly from pain meds when she's awake. It's extremely hard to see her in this condition, but going and spending time with her in the hospital is the right thing to do. We have been taking turns spending time by her bed around the clock. When she passes away, we just don't want her to be alone.

Her husband George, whom she married 2 years ago, has been spending the days with her and the rest of the family has been spending nights with her. God himself must've picked George as a companion for Granny in her final days.... the man is the most loving, caring, and thoughtful person that she could've found. I'm proud to call him family.

If you don't mind, please remember Granny and our family in your prayers.

Thanks again.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You all and Granny are in my Thoughts and Prayers!!!

18. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    May God Bless all of you, may His strength help you through your trials.

Pill

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know only well,you see I lost my 47y/o brother-in-law to Lung and Bone Cancer. Oh it was Horrible! He seen bats flying in the air and would tell my sister,yelling at her"Watch out,their coming right at ya"He swing his cane blindly thru the air cause he was knocking them down,he didn't want her or himself to get bitten by them I guess! My sister had a terrible time,he only lasted 7 months after he was diagnoised,and as bad as it was it was a blessing when he finally went. So I really do understand what you and your family are going thru with your Granny! I will pray,I pray all the time anyway I'm a firm believer in it and I will definitely include you and your Granny in this prayer of mine!! I will pray God's Peace be upon you,as you experience this trial,and you will feel his Blessed Arms around as the end comes! I am so sorry my Brother that this has come upon you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.Pm me anytime!! Sister Pat:sad2: :sad2:

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from So.Illinois.