Prayer for my Dad

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by bwhupp, Jul 31, 2007.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am new here for the most part... but I am asking now to put in a little prayer. My old man is a youngun but he is going in for emergency surgery. He has been having stomach pains for a week or so now and it finally went overboard. Come to find out, looks like there is a tear in his colon and some areas ready to burst. Have another hour before he gets his CT scan for all the dyes and such to lube him up on the inside. After that, the surgeons and moving in quick hoping to catch it before more damage is done. They think some areas popped and toxins are running in his body right now. I'll be on when I can Brothers and Sisters. I forsee a long nights ahead!

Love you guys

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Prayers go up for your Father, Brian. That's not a good thing to have running around in your body. It will be a battle fought with prayer, rest, antibiotics and medical intervention. Keep yourself taken care of so you can be there for him.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for asking Brian. Prayers are sent for your dad. Believing God will be done.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for your father. Keep us posted.

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Prayers sent from Kentucky, Brian.

6. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    more prayers from kentucky

7. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers go out for you and your Father, Brian.

8. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    prayers sent from il

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky.

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Prayers from Arkansas.

11. keenphis

keenphis New Member

State:
    SantaPaula, Callifornia
    Prayers sent your way from So Cal. Take care and God Bless.

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Prayers on the way my friend.may GODS will be done.

13. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    prayers from Ohio

14. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Spent 12 hours in the ER.. big problems becasue he is retired military. What a mess... dealing with military personel and civilian world...

Well he isn't doing too good. Took forever to see a surgeon... 10 hours! The surgeon wants to try draining the cyst? that occured from a ruptured colon. He is hoping that draining it will relieve his pain... so far no good. They sucked out some 40cc of nasties and have a bag for it to keep draining into. Looks like he is in the hospital for a long stay... 3-5 minimum... with the results so far from the '20 minute' procedure that took 2 hours... doesn't look too hopeful.

I wish hospitals were a bit more understanding... I had to get beligerent to the doctors to get anywhere and hound them and start demanding violently actions be taken. He went 4 hours without an iv bag when they knew the problem. No antibiotics because he is septic... nothing. Good thing I have a strong mind and backbone to let them docs have it both barrels. I had to demand morpheine shots because they were 'busy'. Said a few unchoice words and was ready for security to be called until I got them to give my old man some juice. When a grown blue collar worker all his life cries and asks to die so the pain stops.... you know that is pain.

But... I will keep beating them up until I get results and actions taken. Got him up to the hospital room where he will be admitted for awhile. The surgeon comes back tomorrow morning to see if any progress was made with the minor procedure. If not, surgury will happen and chunking out part of his colon will be coming his way.

Keep the prayers coming! He's in poor shape right now. Wasn't too bad until the pain makes his blood pressure going to 210/130 and spiking 102 fevers. This is coming from a man who had normal blood pressure to boot!

Going to grab a couple hours of sleep if I can calm down.

15. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Our Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and may your father make a full and speedy recovery.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Brian, I'm so glad you're there for your parents and were able to "get some butts in gear". You hang in there buddy. Continuous positive thoughts and prayers from NC.....

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Owww! :0a15:

Having suffered from ulcerative colitis, I know a little (very little) of the pain your dad must be enduring.

Prayers are sent from the Blue Ridge...

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sorry to here about that Brian. Prayers sent from Arkansa for your Dad a speedy and full recovery.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Prayers sent your way. Keep us posted.

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Just got back home.. he is sleeping now. They juiced him up with some more pain killers so he is taking a nap. His B/P is lowering 160/90.. lot better than last night for sure! They are draining his stomach and the surgeon gave him the go ahead to start eating and drinking. He is a little better, but not much. Nasty infection and his white blood cells are off the chart high.

Long road ahead... right now it is trying to drain the massive amount of nasties and try to kill the infection going on. When the swelling subsides and a few weeks down the road, he has a colonoscopy to look forward to and they are going to remove that section of colon and put him back together. Very long road ahead... but i know he is getting better when he is becoming more stubborn and already wanting to go back to work. I think the man is sick in the head ;)

Thanks for the prayers!