Prayer for my dad and family during this time

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Michael Jake, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Have a prayer requestÂ… My father and brother are flying in Monday from out of state. Dad is in like mid stages of alzheimers and he wanted to be back home here in Missouri. We found a home not to far from where I live, my brother has been doing a great job and now is passing the baton to me a bit earlier than expected but I look forward to being there for dad. I pray the transition will go smooth and that dad will adjust to his new home. I also pray for a good day here or there for him where we can squeeze in another moment fishing together, I know he would love it. A few years ago I took a weeks vacation and just traveled with dad visiting relatives, his home town and had a great time. I knew in my heart it would probably be our last big time together and sure enough, we did go fishing a couple of times when he was able to come out and visit but now it will be his last trip home. The reality of all this is a roller coaster emotionally but I know I have to embrace the memories while trying to maintain in the present. I know only thru prayer will I be sustained thru it all.
    Thank you everyone, Michael

2. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    your in my prayers

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    thoughts and prayers sent from ky.

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    prayers are with you, and your Dad.
    Jim

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Will pray for you and your Dad.

6. kctinner

kctinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    You and your family are in our prayers

7. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Prayers for you and your father during this trying time. I hope the transition goes as smoothly as possible and that you can find some good days to make things easier for everyone. God bless.

8. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Michael,

Our prayers are with you. I know the feeling, my father has always been my best friend and just about my only fishing partner, other than my wife. My Dad is 84 now and begining to show signs of his age as is expected but it just kills me to even think that one day I will be left without him to tell me the same stories over and over. By now I know all of them by heart but I always listen just like it is new news to me. I love my Dad very much as I am sure you do yours so I feel so much for your pain at this time. May God bless you and him. You will both be in my prayers.

don3778

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I really hope we get to see some posted pic's of dad fishing, that would be cool. I never was close to my dad and as much as I fish he has never gone with me. I can tell buy your words how you feel about your dad and I'm glad to hear your doing what ya gotta do to make things the best you can for him. If you ever need us, don't hesitate, we are here for ya bother !!

Prayer's sent
    -Jim-

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You and your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers for the trying times ahead.

11. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prayer's sent from Colorado

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Mike you and your family will be in our thoughts and Prayers.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    You got my prayers coming in from California Buddy. :cross:
    :wink:

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Michael,

May GOD bless you and your Father. May you have some great times together doing some Fishing, and spending quality times with each other..

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers for your family,hope things work smoothly for ya.

16. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Prayers coming to you from Texas. Went through the same thing with my mother. Good luck.
    Bill

17. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Illinois.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Michael thoughts and Prayers sent your way.May everything work out for you and your father.

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Michael our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Prayers for your dad and your family from here. May the Lord allow your time together to be the best possible remedy. Stay faithful brother.