Pray for us...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by dgde4x4man, Oct 16, 2006.

1. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    As alot of you already know of my family situation with Bubba and the other two little ones. Things are going good there and the wife and I are happy. Thank the Lord for that. Wife and I hit a very rough patch last year but things are good. My buddy from St. Louis called me last night and has hit rock bottom. He drinks quit a bit latley after losing his job and such and has gone to AA. I guess this has been going on with him for awhile now. Well here is my situation. He has no job and is getting kicked out of his apartment, no food, and electrcity is getting shut off today. I am heading down there in a few hours to take him in. We have a very small house and it's tough for us to make ends meet anyway but what else can I do. His parents have diowned him and told him to live on the streets and that he is no longer their son. He has been a frined of mine for almost 30 years now. Please say a prayer for my family and for my frined, that we can get his life turned around.

2. chrissyglenn

chrissyglenn New Member

State:
    kentucky
    God bless and good luck.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    God bless you and multiply grace to you as you care for your friend.
    I know He will strengthen you to show Jesus to him.
    Keeping you in prayer.

Carolyn

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, you're a good man for taking your buddy in like that. I'll say a prayer for the situation and for God to have his will in the outcome.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You are a great friend Chris. Just dont let him hurt your home life in anyway. You are a husband and daddy first, friend 2nd. Keep those priorities strait and you'll be OK hoss. Prayers are sent.

6. Wayne J.

Wayne J. New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Prayers and best of luck from OHIO

7. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    Men like you are hard to find! You're friend is blessed already! Our prayers are with you as you travel and for your friend that he will get his life turned around. You will be an inspiration to him!

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to agree with Tea on this one. Make sure your priorities are in order. Sounds like your friend could use some professional help. Where do you go after the train wreck...?:sad2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Fireproof: The boss's relatives.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You are truly a good man and I commend you for having what appears to be a very big heart.BUT!!!!I also have to agree totally with Tea!Get your friend bring him home with ya,but remember you are married and you are a father your family must come first.I realize 30 years is a long time in friendship and I respect that but family always comes first please do not allow him to interfer with that in anyway!Good luck and God Bless!:big_smile:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Positive thoughts and prayers from NC for everything to work out in the best possible way for all concerned.....

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Chris, It is good to see that there are still people out there that care about others, You are (and should be) an inspiration to us all!!! Most folks are way to wrapped up in themselves to help others out when they are down. You Sir are an Exceptional Man in my book!!!

As stated in some of the previous posts, "Don't let this get into your family's well being, Brother".

Thoughts and prayers are on the way!!!

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's a great thing you do. I have to wonder if his family has cut him off it may be to stop enabling him. Please don't let this interfere with the strength of your family. You have a tough job here. It is very hard to help without enabling the self destructive behavior.

I believe you are doing the right thing, however you must not allow this to bring your family down. Good luck, best wishes.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Chris, you and your family and your friend will all be in our prayers. We can't add anything to what has already been said here.

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Prayers are sent from here bro and rep to you for being such a good friend.

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Man I know the feeling my prayers go out to him and your family

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Chris it is a very noble thing you are doing,however I am also concerned for you and your familys safety. Do not let anything get in the way of your family. I have seen this before and seems like once they get in the house it is almost impossible to get them back out. Seen it happen on our side of the family. Friend or no friend do not let him take control of your lives. Will be praying that this is only a short time ordeal and that he can find work and get back on his feet Quickly. GOD BLESS AND BE CAREFUL!! Stay Safe.

18. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Chris, you and your family and your friend will all be in our prayers here in Ohio. Like Jim said I can't add anything to what has already been said here.

19. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Chris, prayers are sent to you, your family and your friend. Like the others, Family is always first no matter what. God bless.

20. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

You are a very good man for taking your friend in. I will be praying for you and your family, and for him to get his feet underhim and excel!