pranks you have done on fishing buddies

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tegukeeper, Jan 20, 2008.

1. tegukeeper

tegukeeper New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    just like to see if anyone else has a scence of humor. A few years ago me and a buddy of mine were night fishing well the catfish weren't hitting nothing so we started bass fishing. It didnt take me long to figure out that my buddy couldn't judge his distance at night and cast into the trees. So ever time he did i would troll over so he could get his rapala out the tree. While he was busy fishing his lure out of about the tenth tree. I had made a gaint worm monster, about 6 old rubber worms all tied together with a big knot in the middle, and then tied that on a spare rod. Well he got hung up again and when he was about in the middle of the bush i dangled the worm monster on the back of his neck, he reached back and felt it then all i heard was a scream and a splash. I was laughing so hard i could barely help him back in the. Just like to see if anyone else has ever got one on there buddy

2. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    here are a couple i have pulled

my cousin keeps his rod at my house so one time we were about to go fishing i hand laid five different 50ft lengths of line on his reel. when we arrived we always have a casting contest so he goes to cast and it breaks after 50 ft. he reties and the same thing happens 2 more times now he's getting frustated and i can barely keep it together. next he inspects the first 40ft of his line and i'm thinking i'm burned he's going to see i cut it so he thinks everything is fine reties and it happens again now he's hot and i'm on one knee laughing and he shouts "you think it's funny? me line must be old hand me that spare spool" i tell him you went through 200 feet of line it should be good now (knowing there's one more) by now 2 other guys know whats happening and they're laughing he reties and bingo it happens again we're laughing our heads off he spikes his and stomps off. when he calmed down i told him what i did and he swore he'd get even and that was 8 years ago and i am up 5 to his zero.

another time we were fishing and he was trying impress some sunbathers and started pounding beer with them (well i nicknamed him 2beers for a reason). not long after having 4 beers he fell asleep and i bought a pail and shovel from a kid on the beach and told him watch this. i reel up my cousin's line, tied the bucket to his line, walked up the beach and threw it in and ran back down to him, well the current caught the bucket and in a matter of seconds it looks like he has a monster on and one of the women(who didn't see me) ran over and woke him he sees the rod and his chest gets big and starts to fight it then he's yelling to me to come help him land "jaws" me and my father are hiding behind my truck laughing at him fighting a bucket meanwhile this girl just thinks he's the greatest shark hunter ever until that blue bucket washed up. the crowd that had gathered statered talking about the guy that thought he had a big one and it was a bucket. so i went over to rub salt in his wound and asked him if he still needed my help?

3. tegukeeper

tegukeeper New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thats funny and i thought i was mean

4. JKitterman

JKitterman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You may want to make a nice mounted, trophy bucket for him for a birthday or Christmas.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thats hilarious! You would think he would have learned his lesson being around you.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have never done anything to JW, LMAO I been good for at least one month now ! :eek:oooh:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark after those jokes you are lucky to be alive. You had better stay on guard. When he decides to get even it may be a doozie.

8. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    DH when you are quiet , you are most dangerous. Can't wait to hear frow JW on this one.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    them are some of the better ones i have seen. i have pulled a few quick ones on buddys, such as walking to a bank fishing spot through the woods, behind my by buddy carrying our equipment, and yelling snake!! as i hit his calf with a rod!! that usually gets em good!! lol.. i have also, pulled a good one on my wife at home, placing a fake plastic lizard on the toliet seat then shutting the lid late at night, setting her up for that get out of bed half asleep to go take a midnight pee!! pretty mean, but let me tell you... it is funny!!!:smile2:...the best one i ever pulled on an actual buddy was another night we were bankfishing, i took my cousin who just started flathead fishing after dark with me... we set our poles far apart on the bank, spacing the rods for a ways. i like to stagger poles to give everyone the thrill of, "it might be my pole running thought", in the darkness!!.. after a few cold beers to relax him, i walked down the bank to supposingly check my poles as he stayed behind... i had pre cut some line that i quickly tied to on of his on the way, i layed it on the ground and walked back...after another hour or so and a couple more cold ones, i set him up telling him we needed to walk down the bank to check our lines again....worked perfectly!!! i made my way to the tag line, and before he could pick the rod up, as i held one of my own reeling in..i started stripping clicker off of his...we don't use lights when flathead fishing unless needed, and he was a beginner..lol... needless to say it was all i could do to release the tag line before recieving third degree rope burn from it, after he excitively locked down the reel and jerked!! i couldn't help but to start laughing telling him I GOTCHA!!!! pretty good stuff!!! rollo

10. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    same cousin a couple of years ago he decided he wanted to drink some beer the next time we go fishing so i said "i'll buy it" (warning) so the following week i stop at a store and notice a rubber snake so i thought about it and set him up good. i bought the snake and rigged it so that when you opened the top it would look its striking so when i picked him up i told him the beer is in that cooler and i don't want any (dead giveaway) he says i can't wait to get there and have one. well we get there and i told him be careful and he says ill be fine and opens the cooler and the snake strikes at him he had to age 10 years! so he sat down for a second and while he was doing that i got him again i walked over to his rod and clipped the points off of his hooks so while we were catching bait the hooks on his sabiki rig were dull and he couldn't hook and when i told him to change over to one like mine he didn't notice the points were clipped on it too. he moved to ohio a few ago and damn i miss him!

11. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Best one I ever did was take the spool out of my buddies reel, and wind the line on it backwards, it only works the first cast, but is sure is funny to watch a guy sit there and wonder why the heck my line keeps goin out, when I'm reelin in.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    This is a prank on a fishing buddy but was hunting cottontails at the time. me and a bud got a limit of cottontails and went and put them on a buddys fence. He had a short telephone pole fence with chain connecting in between. We put a rabbit on each pole with black tape over the eyes and a cigarette in each mouth, then we rang the bell and ran. Had to been there.

13. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    on a fishing trip a few years ago my friend had to nature relieve himself. He was in the back of the boat. I had noticed an old rotten tree and asked him to push us away from the stump. When he pushed the tree it broke and he fell into the water where he had just relieved himself. He was known to pull a lot of jokes. That is the last time he even thought of pulling a joke on me.

14. tegukeeper

tegukeeper New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hey guys thanks for all the good ideas:roll_eyes: er um stories i mean there all pretty good

15. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Mark==If I was your cousin, I think I would have moved farther away than that!

16. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    I had a buddy that always used those dead packaged crawdads you can buy at walmart, and hed always dump them in a bucket full of water to keep them from getting fragrant in the sun, so i switched them out with live craws. he reached in and grabbed a big one, started to hook it, then it started flopping around. the poor guy screamed like a 5 year old girl and fell out of the boat. so being the generous guy i am, i waited till he passed me on the way to the ladder, then tossed a length of rope in front of him and yelled SNAKE! haha, he still wont go fishing with me.

17. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Ok, some people might not find this funny, but a couple years ago I took my brother along with me and my buddy trotlining on tablerock lake in MO., well my brother thought it would be funny to take one of the small channels we caught and smack me in the face with it, in a metter of fact, after I got finished being pissed off I thought it was really funny too, well, this past year we were out on the river and pulling in our lines, and one of the lines had a whole bunch of trash in it so my brother was sitting in the back of the boat getting it all untagled, and he wears this big ugly hat, and he had his head down, so as you can guess it was time for revenge, i picked out about a 4 lb channel, and they make great battering clubs because they stick there side spines straight out, so holding onto them like a bat a wound up a smacked my brother straght across the face, leaving a perfect tail fin mark right across his face, my buddies in the front of the boat, who I still believe were a little drunk from the night before were crying laughing even my brother was laughing his ass off (as he was trying to grab another fish out of the livewell to hit me with). GOOD TIMES, to this day we cant be in the same boat and take our eye off the other, or else you can guess what would happen, lol:smile2:

18. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    That's hilarious! I'm just picturing it happening.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I was fishing in a jon boat with a friend on a small pond. I was trying to thread a hook (alcohol involved) and everytime I'd get close to getting the line thru the eye of the hook, my friend would rock the boat making me miss. I thought that he was just moving around and wasn't doing it on purpose. After about the 10th time I looked at him real quick when he rocked the boat and he was looking right at me, red faced from not trying to laugh. I thought OK I'll get ya back. Well when he stood up to relieve himself, I rocked the boat a few times. He was just a cussin me up and down. Well I rocked the boat a little too hard and in the pond he went. I was laughing so hard that I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. Next thing I know the boat was tumped over nad I was in the pond with him.
    Had to have been there.

20. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Yeah, its pretty funny, most of the time, we are laughing so hard that we cant even swing the catfish