Prairie Lake AT JEPCSF&WA

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishinpals, Aug 8, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We went yesterday eve for a couple hours and caught a couple of nice channels around 3 lbs. each. Misssed a couple also. We were using dip bait, Hoss's Hawg Bait & Sonny's, and Hoss's Hawg Bait seem to be what they wanted. We were also using 2 Loopers Rigs on each pole. The channel my wife caught took both Looper Rigs. Seen some othes with some nice channels also. We left before dark but think if we had stayed we would have limited out on eaters. No pictures since we didn't have the camera. Only problem with Prairie Lake is that you have to find a spot where you can cast beyond weed line or you could use slip bobber.

2. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Sounds like a nice day out. Guess tere wasn't much chance of her's getting away with two rigs in him. lol
    Loop

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm gonna have to drive over and go fishin' with you some time. :smile2:

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Anytime. Just let me know. Mongesf and I have been a couple of times. Mayb ewe all could get together.

5. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A buddy of mine at work says that Hoss's Hawg dip bait is good stuff,Ive never tried it, I think I will now.

6. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    Jim, Amy and I went down there today around 3:00 or so and left before dark. Caught 3 really nice eaters. She caught one and I caught two. Caught mine on Hoss's and hers was caught using Sonny's. All on Loopers of course. When they hit they hit hard, on the Hoss's. I finished off my can of it and need a refill. Will take care of that tomorrow.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Went out to Prairie Lake around 5:30PM and fished until 7PM. Was using Shrimp and Hoss's Hawg Bait. Caught 6 nice channels, the largest 4.5 lbs. Caught 5 on Hoss's and 1 on shrimp. Broke 1 fish off, he got into the weeds and couldn't get him out. Only allowed 6 cats at JEPCSF&WA. Cleaned them at the fish cleaning station which is great. Plenty of water and grinder to get rid of waste. Best day so far this year for me, 6 keepers in 90 minutes.

July 10 Prairie Lake 002 (500 x 375).jpg

8. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    nice job Jim, were you fisihing in the same spot or somewhere else? Looks like we'll have to hit it Saturday for sure.

9. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    It's August btw, lol just giving ya the business!!!

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    It's my age. Went into hardes yesterday and a couple of young guys were coming out and one said - "How ya doin pop"

looks like Prairie lake is turning on. they were hiting hard. Yep same spot.

11. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    lol, that's funny!! just curious how do you like your fish prepared anyway? I like mine fried and on occassion, grilled or baked with eggs over easy for breakfast

12. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Ya I like them fried and have cooked them on the grill. have only had them for breakfast a couple of time with eggs and hash browns. We eat alot of fish but mostly panfish. I catch alot in earlr spring and late fall. Still like cat but not as well as some good bluegill/crappie fillets

13. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Is there a story here Jim? Younger folks just tell me to "move it gramps"...have to check that family tree a little closer.
    Don

14. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Ya, Mongesf was rassing me about putting wrong date on a post earlier. He informed me we are now in the month of August (I think).

15. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    Jim, I thin we need to take Amy to the junction pond and hand her the catstik and tell her to hold on, what do you think?

16. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Sounds like yall had a great time brother.

:cat:

17. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sounds good to me. When you want to go.

18. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We always try. Really like your posts. Have a good one.

19. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    maybe some evening after I get home from work, wil have to see what the weather does

20. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    did you get out today and get into any fish?