Prairie Creek Sons first Catfish! Good night out!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by evilfud, Aug 3, 2009.

1. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    So this weekend i took the family out on the boat and scouted the lake because i felt like there was no way this lake should fish this bad especially with the lack of cat fisherman out here.

Soo anyways i couldnt get anyone to go with me last night so i took my son who is 13 i did pretty good launching and trailering by myself. I went to the first spot i thought would be good and we fished it the whole night. My son caught the first 3 fish which included a 8lb blue and 2 2lb channels. Then like dads are supposed to do i caught a 9lb blue and 2 2lb channels just to show him he has to work to beat his ol man. This is his pb and first time really catching anything of size.

Attached Files:

2. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    And here is me and the fish we caught in total.

Attached Files:

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Did you get my PM about the rod holder? I should have time to work on it this week.

4. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Ya im just not sure on what would work best and if i have the funds atm. This whole boat thing is pretty new to me i dont want to mess it up.

Chris

5. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Chris,

Just let me know. I could save you a lot of money by not making the "river rack" and just making the actual rod holders that you could hook up to your boat at different spots.

Justin

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    PS
    Congrads on the Prairie creek cats. Did you have to pay to launch? I need to give that place another shot if i could around the ramp fee. I found a pretty sweet spot on the White River close to Muncie this weekend. Problem is acess is going to be a pain. But i know its got flatheads and nice channels in it. My girlfriend sampled them at work!!!!!

7. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    I have the annual launch sticker and next year prices on everything at the res will be going down. Not back to normal but considerably less im told. Also im pretty sure i want a river rack with 6 holders but im not sure on dimensions. I also like the way catfishcatchers is where he has it so its easily removable.

8. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Some nice cats there bro!!!

9. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey Chris, the rod rack worked great when we were on the ohio river mainly due to the current. Around here im not sure how you would like it. You might be better off with single rod holders mounted at different spots on the boat instead of the rack. Me and Doug tried the rack here and did not care for it since there was no current. Just something to think about.

10. duff

duff Guest

Good job on the prarie creek cats. They are in there you just have to fish for them instead of complaining about the place to catch them:wink:

They still have walleye in there? Back about 10 yrs ago they had some nice eyes coming out of there and tons of white bass. There was one spot I could catch them dang near cast after cast in the fall using a little panther martin spinner or small crank. I fished the tar out of that lake when I was in school over there. All from the bank and I never paid the bank fee. The security guards were too lazy to check you and the COs didn't give a rip about the bank fee only state tags. I caught one of my biggest bass there fishing the rip-rap by the bridge closest to the bait house.

I went back a few times each year after I graduated with a boat but never really got into anything spectacular. Mainly bass fishing back then. Saw a guy land a 10-15 pound channel off a rattle trap back in the bay next to the bait house. Not the best place in Indiana to fish but when you are close it works.

Some good mushroom spots back there too, at least 10-12 years ago there were. Had plenty of fish and shrooms fried up before hitting the Chug or Headliners for the penny beers:eek:oooh:

11. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    I was thinking i would just put the current 4 single holders i have to various places on the sides or front and use the rod rack on the back do you think this wouldnt work?

12. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Or it could just be a great excuse to go to the Ohio river more often :wink:

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have the rod rack on the back, many times I wish I didnt have it. Im prob going to take mine off. Four on the back 2 on the sides near the back and you have the same thing. My rod rack really gets in the way some time. I will use my same rod holders but go up under the back and stiffen the base up. I like to go over the back to net a big fish and that rod rack is going to kill me. I will have 16 individual rod holders on the boat when IM done. wont really need that many holders just that many bases so that I can move them around for different situations.

14. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great job on the cats bro keep it up:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

15. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    them are some nice cats, perfect for eatin too

16. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Im told those bigger ones are channels also so my bad we caught 6 channels!

17. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on the good night of fishing