Praire Creek Lake Muncie IN 3/13/08

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Shad Man, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well the girlfriend and I went out to Prairie Creek yesterday to do some catfishing. We fished from around 3 to 6 and only got a few hits. We fished off the main lake in the bay by the bait store. The shad were blowing up against the causeway so we grabbed some and used them for bait. The seagulls were feeding on then pretty good but the cats were not cooperating. But if anyone wants some fresh bait its out there for the gathering.

2. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have pretty much banned this reservior since our new mayor has mucked things up out there. The daily bank permit was $2.00 but now is $5.00. The annual boat launch was $50.00 now is $100.00. This place is not that nice nor that good of fishing for these kind of prices. The lake is not taken care of by the state rather the city of Muncie which has a lease on the property from a german company I believe. The lake is the water supply for Muncie! They stopped using security to patroll it due to money issues. In my opinion they can have it and fill it in! I dont mind paying to help the conservation but this is crazy. I can buy a annual launch permit through the state for a very good price and fish any state lake or reservior. This place has not been regulated very well and the fish that are in this place are poor at best. Im sure there are some nice fish in it but i have watched people there place 6" crappie in a basket and take them home to eat. This place is also loaded with carp. They ususlly have a couple of carp tournaments a year. I would save my money and go some where else if I were you.

3. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    My family farm that i grow up on is 6 mile to the east of the res so i grow up fishing there also i had a catfish tourment that last under Catfish master of America and i had 9 boat 3 winch didnt catch anything and a total of 37lbs of fish caught with the biggest fish be 10lb channel...Every year since i was lil it get worse and worse they naver stock it and it hard to fish it with all the boats along the bank...and then they started selling theland around the coves on the east side so now you cant fish them from the bank at night..... at 50 buck it would take every weekend of the summer if not more to catch that much catfish out of it...... What i was told last year wheni had the tourment was that the water company has a lease on the res till 2012 and that the state is going to try taking it over i hope they do................. well better luck fishing there next time

well for me guys i will stay down here now i live 6 mins from qakertown on brookville lake and catch the hell out of fish iam heading out around 6 am sunday morning to do some fishing if any of you want to come this way to catch some good fish to eat or to cpr let me know i can help you get bait and tell you some good fishing holes Thank Justin

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Yeah I haven't did any good out there since I moved to Muncie. I usually just go out there to take a break from school since it is so close to campus. But since they charged me $10 to put my boat in I probably won't be back.