Prado Lake?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jedi007, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    Has anyone ever actually caught any fish out of Prado Lake? I have been there six or seven time and I have never seen anyone catch any fish. "Then why do you go there?", you are probably asking yourself. It is the only lake close enough for me to go to for a couple of hours. It is nothing more than location, location, location.

I went again today from about 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm and got a few nibbles. I could see the bait fish flopping around, but no fish.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    When I lived in Corona I used to fish Prado for a close by spot.
    Winter trout plants and summer catfish would keep a fair bite going most of the time.
    Been years since I fished there though.
    Cuccamonga-Guasti reagional park is not that far away and is the main focus for most catfishermen in that area now.

3. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    I like to take the kids to Guasti to fish, due to the fact that it is a small park with two lakes and it is set up in a park like environment.

The problem I run into during this time of year is the fact that they stop planting Catfish at the end of September and do not start planting Trout until November.

So that slows down the bite quite a bit. We still pull out Carp like they are bunny rabbits. That makes it fun for the kids...but we aren't able to get a whole lot of catfish action.

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    It's the same planting schedule for Prado.
    State plants once a month I think and county twice.
    Alternatives are places like SARL and Corona or Hesperia, all of which can run a small fortune to fish. I do know that SARL offers a family ticket that allows Mama and the kids to fish with Dad at a discount off the individual entry but it has a lower bag limit.

5. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    I took the kids out to Corona Lake two weeks ago and we did not catch anything. We shore fished off of the West Shore. No load ups, nothing. I reported my fishing experience on BOC and conversed back and forth with luckie 33.

He said he had caught six or seven fish that same day. We went back out the next weekend on a boat and one of his friends caught a 2 pound catfish in the early morning. We had a couple load ups but no fish for the rest of the day.

Fishing starts to get really expensive that way. (Time and money) We did see a couple other families with fish. We just couldn't seem to stay on top of the hungry ones. I just haven't had any luck out a Corona.

6. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    try to hit the airators, also to the right of the snack bar castout toward the bouy lines, there is a hole out there somewhere, btw choices of baits are anchovies/mackrel and worms are my choice, also my friend owns a baitshop out of his garage in riverside and he takes his 14' boat out to prado ever so often, and always comes out with a fish, i wish you could fish under them docks, bet you would pull something out of there haha

7. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I use to fish there many years ago. I caught lots a fish there but nothing ever of size. thanks for your report