Practicing Patience

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Nov 2, 2008.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Ok we've all heard this word a thousand times.Right. Since most of us were oh about 3 feet tall. What is Paitence?, and what role does it play in your life?
    Pa-tient
    1. Capable of waiting calmly or without complaint
    I can see myself 3 hrs into a fishing trip. Anchored around me are 3 or 4 other boats, all of them are regularly reeling in fish, only to look at my rods in their nice and neat little holders all pointed in a fanning pattern off the Port and Starboard sides of my boat and not a one moving in a direction that would lead me to believe my luck was about to change. Now would be a good time to exercise the 1st meaning of this word or action. Calm without complaint. Everyone think about this situation if you were in it. Can you practice patience?

2. Able to endure annoyance.
    Add a thousand biting flys to this situation, or mosquitos or other annoying insect. now your not catching any fish the bugs are eating you everywhere. Now can you practice Patience?

3. How about enduring hardships. Now its either 95 degrees out and the wind stopped blowing taking away your only source of relief. O'r its now starting to snow and you left the big coat in the truck. Now can you practice patience?

4. Do you have the ability to posess the trait that allows you to hope and wait in a calm and sympathetic; understanding all the time while not complaining, or losing you composure?

5. Newton stated in 1727- Whatever I have done is due to patient thought.
    It's not an easy thing to do. In fact some days it's dow right impossible. However if you practice this Virtue It will help us brecome better people in every aspect of our lives, from dealing with our children, our neighbors. our jobs, Everything we do requires us to have patience. Now can you be patient?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I consider myself pretty patient. Can you??

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I have patience for some things not for others. In answer to your questions. I am good with all that except for! Not catching fish when others are, and any form of cold. Now mind you I live in the desert so cold to me may be a nice day to you however I can't handle it. I sit out there when it's 122 though. I go fishing at night when it's still 112 degrees and the humidity next to the water is extremely high. I sit on the rough rocks and stumble on the river bank because that spot looks cool. I hack through tules and deal with bugs that I am allergic too. I put up with alot more than that even but patience though it is a virtue is still a matter of perception. I can handle this but not that.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats what it takes to fish for Mr Whiskers is patince and I have a lot of that

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I am the same way. I have all the patience in the world with Kids or people learning new things.

I have NONE with people that continually repeat actions that hurt others, and adults that know better.

:/

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have plenty patience while fishing, have to be for I'm such a poor fisherman. But been told over the years that I don't have patience with some people.