powertone

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slikk03, Dec 5, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody know wen it opens im ready for a blue at the discharge

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    DOES ANYBODY FISH THAT PLACE:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

3. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    opens on the 28th, i,m trying too go then but if not i,ll b there on the 2nd.

4. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    im gonna try to be there all week if the weather cooperates

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea im ready to get their as soon as the snow melts, long walk, do u got to be at the hot ditch, to get them blues

6. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no but the last 2years they,v got 60lb flattys out of there this time of year. i sent u a mesg. but your mesg. board is full. thanks for the invight but im goin with a buddy of mine who just started catfishin tryin too get him on a big boy. i still might try too make it in the morning. if not i,ll be there saterday.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    prolly going to be next week before i go got alot to do:angry:

8. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I pulled these three out of the discharge yesterday. We also pulled a dozen smaller ones in the 8-10lb range. All on cut bait.

It was super cold, about 4 degrees in the morning, but there was a lot of people out there anyway.

Attached Files:

9. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Thanks for the report and pics Nick. Been itching to get out there. Just need to find a bicycle to pull my 4 wheel lawn cart. Long walk

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    nice pics! that's crazy as heck, but ya gotta respect it.......

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Those are some nice blues. I have never caught any in the winter time here in Alton.

12. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The walk sucks, but my brother just tied a snow sled to my back with all our gear. I needed the workout, gained too much weight in my time out of the military:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Im going again when it warms up a bit. 30 degrees would feel like summer time after Saturday!!!

13. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i wish i could get in on that, but i got school and other stuff. hows the flatheads in there?

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ill be their as soon as that 30 mark hits, to cold to be that far from the car lol

15. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    So how do I get to the hot ditch. I am not sure where to park or go. I am not familiar with the lake. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

16. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    there,s a parking lot, but the ditch is a long walk. its strait ahead from the gate just follow the tracks if there is any. normally people use a bike but all the snow were supose too get, it might be a little hard lol. there,s some big fish in there.

17. capnmac59

capnmac59 New Member

State:
    illinois
    jake when you going? hit me up i might go with you lol

18. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    im hoping next saterday but the moneys tight and i need about 50 bucks,im out of work so it sucks i got to get a job but its not looking to good right now with no trasportation ect, might try selling off the net, until i get my ole job back, so yea hopfuly saterday i can make it but this weeks a no go, theres 2 jakes on this thread im jake aka slikk

19. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    When it gets a little nicer. As soon as possible. I am getting cabin fever. I just dont know where I am going or where to go when I get there. I am ready to fish though. Hows the bait situation at powerton?

20. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    This coming weekend may be a good time to go. At least it will be above freezing.