powertone

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by slikk03, Jul 13, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i persnaly wached the record43 pound blue powertone lake puled out, i think it will hit the paper, i was there, i talked to him, i got skunked thy had shad , me bluegill heads

2. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks for the inf. i know were im going this weekend. my biggest at powerton was 15. i know there in there.

3. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My biggest there was almost 30lbs. I'm sure there are some 50lbers. Once this month is over, I'm gonna hit it up with my boat in the deep end.

4. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How can one bank fish from this lake, by the looks of google maps it not really any good bank fishing spots or is there?

5. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    just bring your walkin shoes if u dont have a bike.:smile2:

6. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    walking is bad for us with the amount of items we take when we going fishing :sad2:

7. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've posted this once before. Rather than direct you to an old thread, here is a map of powerton's depths. The darker area is deeper water (my copy is colored and laminated thanks to Kinkos).

Anyway, the discharge is WAY too hot this time of year. Try the west dyke near the deeper water. Its cooler there in the hot months and the blues like that. Good luck

Attached Files:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya we used to walk it. long one for sure. best way is a wagon and bike. but now i have the boat.