Powerton

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by tbirdbassr, Jul 16, 2008.

1. tbirdbassr

tbirdbassr New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hey anyone know if Powerton is open to boats yet????

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    YES. THEY OPEN TO BOATS IN EARLY SPRING.

SOMETIME IN LATE FEB EARLY MARCH.:wink:

3. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Powerton is STILL CLOSED due to levee repairs. I haven't heard any new news on when it will be done, but as of yesterday I was told that there are still no boats allowed on Powerton.

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    This is a post on last weeks fishing report "The lake opened to boats this week, but Tom Grider at Tom’s Riverside Bait & Tackle in Pekin (309-347-3793) says he only heard ofa few boats out there. He did hear smallmouths were good in the cool part of the lake, in the back and off of points. Most were caught on crankbaits, some 18 inches and bigger. Channel catfish are everywhere in the rocks and have been hitting crankbaits, as well. Water temperatures are not as high as usual for this time of the year and the catfish spawn appears to have been delayed, as many of the cats caught lately were full of eggs. Merle Keefer at Pekin Bass & Bow (309-347-3334) says he heard much of the same. Lake is open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m."

5. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    also the last i heard was that the boat dock was not yet repaired tho

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am confused, is the ramp open or not? I hope someone can provide some clarification on this.

7. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The ramp is open, however, there is no dock to either tie your boat to or to pick up other people. If you don't mind running your boat into the rocks or the boat ramp to pick people up you can launch a boat. The water is hot and the fishing is most likely slow (for catfish anyway). Also, they are operating on summer hours which is 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. About the end of September the fishing will get better.

8. tbirdbassr

tbirdbassr New Member

State:
    illinois
    When do they close for boats??? Usually go there in the spring but couldn't this year!!! remeber being there in sept one year was pretty good

9. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    They usually close for boats the day before opening of duck season. Not sure what that day is yet though. Hope this helps.