Powerton

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jdRivercat, Dec 2, 2005.

1. jdRivercat

jdRivercat New Member

Does any one know when Powerton opens?

2. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    According to Larry's Fishing Hole of Central Illinois, the lake opens to shoreline fishing only on December 30th and to boats on February 15th.

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Wondering where Powerton is located? Dick

4. jdRivercat

jdRivercat New Member

Dick

Powerton is located about 1to2 mile SouthWest of pekin. It is on Manito Blacktop.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Thanks jd. Dick

6. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Maybe we should put together a gathering for for like Jan. 14th. or the 28th.

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Our local Paper has an outdoor section on saturdays. It also gives the fishing reports about every two weeks. It always seems that powerton gives up some really nice blues and flaties. Blues 25 to 40 lbs and flaties in excess of 45. I would like to fish there sometime.

He Joesf a mid winter gathering would be great.

8. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    been there a few times the fishing is better the colder it is as long as they are pumping , you can tell by the smoke stack, or call river side bait and tackle dont know the number off hand

9. jdRivercat

jdRivercat New Member

i've fished powerton for four years now they have alot of big bluecats there and alot of big big flatheads. the biggest flat I took was 30lb and the biggest blue I took was 28lb but seen alot bigger. last year a guy took a 50+lb. The number for River side bait shop is (309)347-3793. all for puting togather a gathering.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Hope you all don't mind the walk!!!! The best way around down there before they open up for boats is by bicycle. We caught a few fidlers last spring down there, but nothing to big.

Ray

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i was there last year and a fella cpr'ed a 52# flathead. in the fishing report last winter in jan of feb a fella from peoria caught a 30# blue from the intake ditch. the banks are disgusting from the slobs that hord the banks there. ide go to fish with a few of ya but really don't care to see the scum. ask ray.

fish rot all over the banks. carp. drum and cats are tossed on the bank. lot of city folks that have no respect for nature there.

if ya all plan on going ide go but don't really care to go there after last years trips.

12. Rivercat1

Rivercat1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went there yesterday and talk to guy said he got a 35lb blue and saw a 20lb,and a 15lb. The sad thing was they took those home.

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    yep, they take the biggies home and they will be the first ones to holler about no big fish in there anymore. Bragging rites is the whole ball of wax for the ones that take the bigguns and keep them.

14. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    What is this your talking about?